Curled toes

I had to deal with this recently. Used some waterproof medical tape and vetrap (medical wrap) like in the pic. He wore it for two days total and fixed him right up, he's doing great now.

It may help to tape one or more of the toes to the boot surface to keep his toes immobile so they don't curl inside the boot. Make sure the tape will come off easily so it doesn't hurt his webs. I did that for both his feet but it came off on one, and I noticed that after the first day the foot where the toe-tape held on was doing much better than the other.

Hope your lil peeper gets better.
Thanks Miss Lydia, I appreciate the information and if I can get the leg to get stronger to support the extra weight of the boot I will try this.

I have not had this particular ailment but I have had similar ones. Ducklings grow so fast that it usually only takes a day or two to fix issues. I would take it off, check it, and put back on tonight, tomorrow morning etc..
Thanks for the advice. We did end up putting a second boot on which helped a lot. Doing swim therapy also.

I had to deal with this recently. Used some waterproof medical tape and vetrap (medical wrap) like in the pic. He wore it for two days total and fixed him right up, he's doing great now.

It may help to tape one or more of the toes to the boot surface to keep his toes immobile so they don't curl inside the boot. Make sure the tape will come off easily so it doesn't hurt his webs. I did that for both his feet but it came off on one, and I noticed that after the first day the foot where the toe-tape held on was doing much better than the other.

Hope your lil peeper gets better.
Thanks. Yeah I think he’ll need one more boot. But he’s doing so much better already.

Back
Top Bottom