Curly Larry & Moe

Ducky-MOMO

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
Northern NY
I need held iding those 3 beutiful babies.
20170604_104736.jpg
20170604_104711.jpg
20170604_104733.jpg

Hi! I have a gosling who looked EXACTLY like that about a week ago! His legs and beak are now seemingly changing orange-y pink and he is going on his third or fourth week. I posted an ID thread earlier and some others were saying he could possibly be Toulouse, but my mom and I are slightly suspicious that he might be a Canadian goose. Do you think your wee ones could be Toulouse or Canadian as well? How did you come by them?

Sorry I'm not much help, but I got super excited seeing another post with goslings exactly like my Merlin! Looks like we've both got a mystery to solve!

Hi! I have a gosling who looked EXACTLY like that about a week ago! His legs and beak are now seemingly changing orange-y pink and he is going on his third or fourth week. I posted an ID thread earlier and some others were saying he could possibly be Toulouse, but my mom and I are slightly suspicious that he might be a Canadian goose. Do you think your wee ones could be Toulouse or Canadian as well? How did you come by them?

Sorry I'm not much help, but I got super excited seeing another post with goslings exactly like my Merlin! Looks like we've both got a mystery to solve!

I honestly have no clue what breed they are, i would love to know, at this point i am happy i saved them the condition they were in was filthy to say the least..i am going to give them a couple of weeks to see if they start changing, if not i am contacting DEC and i am sure they can tell and they will investigate the source... i feel bad for those babies though... all i can do is offer them the best time until then i got brooders going anyway so what's one more :)

Update, i contacted DEC and the officer is almost sure they are Canadian geese. He is working with wild life to see if we can keep them. Fish and wildlife will be running some blood work to tell for sure ...

Back
Top Bottom