Curly Toes Help!

ggrap

Songster
12 Years
Jun 5, 2007
Colorado
HI. I have a chick, one day old, that has really curled toes on one foot. I know I have seen some post with solutions to straightening them out. She is having trouble walking.

Can someone give me some tips? I thought it involved taping them into position or something like that.

Thanks

I use a band aid. Straighten their toes out and then put a band aid on it to hold them in place a couple of days.
smile.png

This is what I did (Band aid). I had a chick that both feet were curled. Band Aid for 4 days and all is good. The one toe is a little crocked, but the chick is doing fine.

Last edited:
Place his foot on a bandaid (sticky side up) placing the toes straight as they should be. Put another bandaid on top and make sure it sticks in between the toes. Cut to shape like a shoe. But not in between the toes. Make sure you change it often if it gets too wet or poopy. Do this until the toes remain straight on their own. May take several days or more depending on how crooked they are.

I think I get it. Does the foot go on the unsticky part of the bandaid?And then you wrap the sticky part around?

Back
Top Bottom