Current Internet Theory

Pics
One more thing.purina, nutrena, most of the major brands have a set formula for each type of feed i.e. horse feeds strategy , senior, omeleneetc. Chickens whatever..they meet the nutritional requirements at each mill with the easiest to source best cost that meets the nutritional requirements..here in la that means more rice and soy.. if it is a year with a horrible wheat harvest you see more corn oats or barley..but the nutritional output will match the tag..

Nutrena got hard to get last year or was different when cargill had a fire and lost part of a mill..been rebuilt and now no issue but for a while horse feed was limited or cane from alabama or fla mill

@Florida Bullfrog
The numbers on the bag are the bag codes for when the bags were made, plant info, etc. Nothing to do with how old the feed is.

The mill date is either on the nutrition label or on the bottom seal, sometimes plainly and sometimes coded.
Can you look at the labels I posted previously from the DuMOR bags and point out where the millage date is?

Check along the bottom seal for any printing.
Example: Purina flock raiser

Info for the physical bag itself.
1675278678361.png

Milling info. In this case, 340 day of 2022
1675278774637.png

Having worked in manufacturing facilities for most of my 38 year career in Quality Assurance, poor warehouse practices are quite common. While they promote FIFO (First In, First Out) the general behavior is LILO (Last In, Last Out). I'm sure the labor woes related to the pandemic of the past three years have only made that occurrence rate worse throughout the supply chains of most every product.

Back
Top Bottom