Current Internet Theory

IMG_E3120.JPG
Shows up better than I thought.

That looks like these labels from 2021 - note that they are held side by side in the original post, and have DIFFERENT ingredients, but the same nutritional formulation. There are numbers on the bag which I ssupect identify the plant and recipe - but they differ from Kiki's spreadsheet (Met came UP 0.05%)

20211023-fr-ingredents-1-jpg.2876261

61HM-RIV-A 14 and 61HM-RIV E 15
Here is a 2023 label from Flock Raiser Crumble. The ingredients on my label are slightly different from EmmaRainboe's, but the analysis is the same.
IMG_20230128_200354945.jpg

Thus far, my theory is coming up snake eyes. That makes me happy, actually.

Yes, my mill (Harrell Milling Co) dropped Lys levels and Met levels both, and Dumor has reduced its Met level and its P level (still within "acceptable" range however, and equal to many at higher price point), but in the main, it looks like Producers have mostly stuck to targets (and in a few cases, upped Met levels to the 0.3% Dumor when down to...)

Thanks all!

^^^ Great way to avoid leaving footprints of a formulation change.

The prices on the feed they had were going up and up.

I'm now getting a 22% "sporting bird" feed for about the price I was paying for an 18-20% all-flock type -- but I have to put up with it being medicated with bacitracin. :(

They also have a new layer feed, that I bought when they didn't have anything else available during the switch.

I can't afford to buy 40lbs for the price of 50lbs in order to avoid the medication (much less the cost of switching to Purina). Though I am going to inquire if they have a non-medicated chick starter, and what that costs if they have it.

It has occurred to me that I have a stack of old feed bags I was saving for various purposes. I might be able to get some tags if they're not too messed up.

Here's a picture (2020) of one of the feeds I use,
16053009620402491602309294826042-jpg.2410147

I'll get a new pic tommorow. The Met level is lower than I remember, it may just be the Lysine that's been reduced (and they took out the Amprolium and Bacitracin - about which I am NOT complaining).

The new Harrell Milling Layer Crumbles? the don't even list Met and Lys anymore. Real bare bones label.

Back
Top Bottom