Current Michigan air quality and egg production

byezic

Chirping
Jul 5, 2021
Michigan
Hello friends. We live in southwest Michigan and currently the air quality is very bad, the AQI has been in the 200s this week. It is very smoky outside and I noticed this week that my girls aren’t laying like normal. Yesterday we only got 1 egg. I don’t mind because I’m just here for the chickens, the eggs are just a bonus, but I have read that their laying “pattern” can be an indicator of their health. Could their decrease in production be caused by the air quality? Thanks in advance for answering my (maybe dumb) question!

My egg Production hasn't been effected, getting between 18-22 eggs a day. Lowest is between 9-12 eggs, for me. Just collected 17 eggs yesterday.

Hello friends. We live in southwest Michigan and currently the air quality is very bad, the AQI has been in the 200s this week. It is very smoky outside and I noticed this week that my girls aren’t laying like normal. Yesterday we only got 1 egg. I don’t mind because I’m just here for the chickens, the eggs are just a bonus, but I have read that their laying “pattern” can be an indicator of their health. Could their decrease in production be caused by the air quality? Thanks in advance for answering my (maybe dumb) question!
It could, the heat can also have an affect.
How old, in months, are these birds?
Older birds can slow production a bit as summer comes.

Back
Top Bottom