Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Yes, I did like Edge of Tomorrow - it borrowed heavily from "The Source Code "which came first and had the same die and repeat cycle and you learned something with each attempt. Really cool. My sister hated it said it was boring. She doesn't care for sci fi etc .My brother and I loved it.

Have you seen the "Prisoners " movie from last year that had Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhall( or some like spelling) blew me away. I still ponder about the ending. Jake was also in the Source Code.

Sometimes just seeing all the trailers before a movie, I get so involved, I feel I already saw the movie.

Getting all excited about "Interstellar" coming out Nov.7 I really never cared much for Matthew McConaughy till "Dallas Buyers Club," since then I realized what a fantastic actor he is. He's starring in Interstellar. Just hope my gift card for the movies lasts long enough and I get to the show someway.

2. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Yes edge of tomorrow reminded me of source code also... Source code was good too

Haven't seen prisoners...

I get a lot out of the trailers... Get pretty involved when it's a scifi

Very excited for interstellar... If it hadn't been for "Dallas buyer club" and "mud" I'd be really confused about McConaughy being cast.

3. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    He was in' Magic Mike" also and kinda looked like he belonged on a "send this guy to camp," poster. He was the MC and just a midget next to all the brawn and 6 packs. The lady bus driver yelled at me and said Matt had the best body. Well no accounting for taste I guess. He's a good actor but, not what I consider a looker. At my age and fantasies I need the complete package.

4. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

:gig
    Yeah go big or go home... No innuendo intended... When it comes to fantasy he better be perfect. :D

5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Well my brother and I had an interesting afternoon at the movies today - about 20 min. into "A Walk Among the Tombstones," the fire alarm went off. You could tell there was no fire just the smell of some burnt popcorn. Anyway everybody went out quietly and we waited in front of the show, for the firemen to arrive. Took them about 10 min. even tho the station is pretty close. They fussed around outside, then two went in and talked to the boss (I guess) came out and left.

Fortunately the movie was paused and we didn't have to start over. This was Liam Neeson playing a more conservative man "with a particular set of skills." He was toned down to a more human PI(former cop). The movie was well paced, well acted, and plot twists were just a step ahead of Liam. I did want to tell him to watch his back a couple times but, like I said he was toned down. The movie grabbed my attention from the start and kept me on edge till the end. Well worth the money, at the cheap show at $ 4.50 a head.

My brother gave it 3 stars, I rate it 3.5 Incidentally, they must be printing the tickets off a computer now, they looked more professional. AND, I noticed they now have gift cards, which I announced very loudly before witnesses and in FRONT of my brother. He just said "Well Christmas is coming." So there's that!

I'm supposed to announce that the screen play was based on a book by the famous writer Lawrence Block, who shares the namesake with my brother. We both think
    the name looks very good in print and on the big screen. [​IMG]

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Your brother made the big screen! [​IMG]

They should have 'comp'd' you free tickets.

7. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We are just a humble family( [​IMG] ) and didn't want to cause a scene or have cameras pushed in our face. You know how it is, you have a mountain range named after you.

Sour is rain in your forecast, you haven't been holding up your end of the movie reviews.

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    No rain in sight - beautiful weather and lots of 'outside' stuff to do. Played 'Good Husband' and went to a craft show with the Princess today. [​IMG]

There are several movies that we want to see - I'll try to do better.

9. I like Sky captain
    Princes bride and the entire Sherlock movie series and Supernatural

Sky captain
    [​IMG]
    Princes bride
    [​IMG]
    Sherlock
    [​IMG]
    Supernatural
    [​IMG]
    Jensen ackles Jared padelecki Benedict cumberpatch Martin freeman I LOVE ALL!!!

10. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Did the artwork for Princess Bride really use to look that bad? Glad they changed it cause my copy looks way better...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by