Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    A character from my era, my age, and sadly perhaps a somewhat similar personality - accentuated of course. [​IMG] Bill Murray is a NUT - the movie is a relevant tragi-comedy. The time flew, and we were disappointed to see the movie end - that's not always the case.
  2. petrel

petrel Chats with Chickens

I really enjoyed Gran Torino! Thanks for the reminder. I'm overdue to revisit that one.

I just finished Maleficent. I thought it was entertaining, although quite slow. It was an interesting twist on the story. Only about three stars in my book.
  3. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I did the same thing.... Watched it and didn't understand the level of hype ... It looked great, but really it was dances with wolves with giant blue people.
  4. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

ohh awesome thread, My tv watching has fallen to the way side just to much work lately, maybe I can find some good ones
  5. hennible

Think were still waiting on @collingwood to make a TV program review thread... :D
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    I wouldn't call Maleficent a great movie, but I agree that it was entertaining; a pleasant twist on the Sleeping Beauty story.
  7. hennible

Glad to see Maleficent reviews... It's on my list.
  8. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

I had anticipated watching this for so long so went to the drive in to watch it, it was a good storyline unique I was disappointed in it but mostly because it was so hyped up on it's own no expectations it's a decent flick and has a interesting twist on the story
  9. I loved Gran Torino. Such a powerful movie.
  10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Okay Guys 3.5 (OUT OF 4. ) stars for INTERSTELLAR - it's a beautiful, awesome movie. I had heard some bad things about it and really didn't want to see it but, thought I'd check it out before going with my brother on the weekend. He likes space travel and that stuff, I don't.

There is a lot of space talk, mumbo jumbo, which probably is more imagination than truth, didn't bother me because if it was the space gospel, I wouldn't understand it anyway.. The main actors are very good. Think of it as 'Gravity,' without all of Sandra Bullock's screaming , crying and anxiety.

Some plot twists and a few different endings, like Christopher Nolan's other works, "The Prestige', ' Inception"," etc. will keep you thinking about it and talking about for some time to come.

It would be difficult to say more about the movie without revealing spoilers. It's long, approaching 2.5 make sure your tummy is fed, and you visit the powder room before taking your seat.

I don't need Imax and neither did this movie. It's your call.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by