Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
OK, I got talked into going to 'Foxcatcher" - I should not have given in. 2.5 stars at the most and that's only because Steve Carrell 'became' John E. DuPont - what a nut-job. Kudos to Carrell.

As a side note I knew the man who was responsible for training Mrs DuPont's beagle packs.

That's the way I felt about "Fox Catcher." Ugh, what a waste of $$$. I think a story about the man who trained her beagles would make a much better movie, unless he was a brutal trainer. Was the old gal really such a PITA???

PS I couldn't sense/see any part of Steve Carrell in that performance. He did disappear into the role. I hated him.

The guy that I knew never said anything bad about Mrs DuPont. When he took over her formal packs consisted of beautiful show dogs (shown in the preamble to the movie) that were not particularly good at trailing rabbits. He was given carte blanche to purchase dogs (apparently she was as into 'winning' as her son) and built a series of packs that were capable of winning on many levels. The trainer had a particularly good eye and knew what it took to create a good pack.

Sour, I checked back and I gave Foxcatcher 2.5 stars also.

Like minded - that should scare you.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom