Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    My son and daughter and son-in-law went to see The Hobbit Part 3 last night and like it, so my wife and I are planning to go see it one day this week.

2. Maybe they do...I am still learning about GOTG.

Bad news diva, my socks don't fit either. I'm going to make something with them instead of wearing them.[​IMG]

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Sorry they don't fit. That is a shame.
    Make a microwaveable rice neck warmer out of them.
    Or sew them onto a sweater for extra pockets. You all have to show off your great taste somehow.

4. I love the rice pack idea. [​IMG]Fits Groot's personality.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Isn't that where you heat the pack up in the microwave? They are made of nylon material(I believe) I think it would melt in the microwave. You cannot imagine how much stuffing it took, to stuff the Groot sock that didn't tear. If it could take all that I'd think my fat calves would have been a shoe -in.

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I really like the new trailer for "Insurgent." My son said "Divergent" stunk, so I knew I would like it. Saw the rental tonight and really liked it. In fact I am obsessing over the fact that I don't fit in any of the factions either, and am not clever enough, brave enough, to be a divergent. My son said the next movie should be called "Detergent." Everyone loves a smart *ss - NOT!!

7. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    BTW my son and his two friends (all just under 30) saw BIG HERO and they really liked it. I am almost tempted to see it, just to find out why he liked it.

8. CUZ IT IS AWESOME! [​IMG]imo

9. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Diva, I agree with your son on Detergent, I really disliked it.

We watched a more mature Denzel in The Equalizer yesterday. I really enjoyed that one, maybe the setup was a bit corny, but it was very entertaining. Denzel is looking very healthy too, especially for a man who turned 60 yesterday.

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    X2 on that. My wife and I went to see the Hobbit part 3 last night, and while we did not think it (or any of the Hobbit films) measured up to the excellence of the LOTR films, it was entertaining and a nice transition into the LOTR trilogy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by