Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
You can afford PRIME RIB ROAST?? Sour, AND can cook - ah me. I f I don't have to eat the beans & carrots, I'll be over as soon as I can. Tomorrow I see "Imitation Game." so may have 3 opinions.

Today my son wanted to see Mockingjay, so I saw it a second time. He hated it, I liked it. Oh well.... no accounting for taste.

I can't wait to watch Mockingjay, the Hunger Games is one of my favorites. Though I think the first movie was much better than the second I can't wait to see the next. It reminds me of one of my favorite Stephen King stories, The Long Walk, wrote in 1979.
Anyone watch the new Annie movie? I've heard mostly bad reviews, whats your opinion? Saw the original was on netflix and watched it with my kids who have never saw it, my girls loved it. I think it has been since I was their age that I watched it myself, still a great musical and I don't like musicals.

She says we can afford it - near 5 # for just the two of us. Come on over.

But then again she's never been accused of being a realist - she picked me after all.
lau.gif

Last edited:
tntchix My son came in from Washington yesterday and I said something like "I didn't know they were selling Groot socks." He got a funny look and said "How did you know? I might as well give them to you now." So I am also the proud possessor of a pair of Groot socks. They just aren't extra wide so I think I will wear them on my skinny forearms . I made him come over and see your post so he'd know I wasn't snooping.(this time).

I think the coincidence is amazing.
woot.gif
for Groot!

I know right? Synchronicity is awesome.
That is so funny. I can't even get to mine until tomorrow. She took them out of my stocking.LOL

TNTCHIX, I tried on my groot socks and approaching my fat er, muscular calves popped a hole in one. The material can't stretch far enough, when it does stretch out you can barely recognize Groot. I should have just used it as a decoration. Now I feel bad for ruining it.
hit.gif
I generally wear socks with wide stretchy tops for diabetics - these were meant either for youngsters or people with normal range BMI's
aww sorry about that. Maybe you can put some stuffing in them and make toys out of them. My dad wears diabetic socks, very comfy.

deedee, tomorrow we are going to see "Unbroken", and when we get home I will make a prime rib roast with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and carrots. I may be more excited about the meal than the movie.
droolin.gif
Sour, it's always up to me to make the prime rib for xmas. I am always worried I'm gonna wreck it, but I never do. I'm quite the b**** until dinner is on the table and I'm sure it's good.
roll.png

I can't wait either.

The wife and her mother cooked a couple prime rib roasts one xmas, I paid. I begged her to make sure one was medium rare, on the rare side, they both ended up well done. She claimed one was 'pink' in the middle but I didn't see it. Tasted like any beef roast that way, should have saved our money and bought regular roasts.

" Unbroken " a story worth telling and a movie worth seeing. A great story - a fair movie in my opinion. The Princess really liked it. Would like to hear other opinions.

Back
Top Bottom