Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

I assumed because I just thought of it that they must exist but I haven't found anything like it yet tell me if you find these "remote finders"
    If You don't find them we can start a company and make them lol

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

They exist. Not too cheap though. Keys are the main usecase. You could tape one to a remote.

Got, a lot of the orc stuff in lotr was cgi too.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Think I will get to see the Hobbit movie Friday and then Sunday maybe "Foxcatcher."

4. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Without further ado let me say the Hobbit part 3"Battle of the Five Armies." is well worth the wait. Prepare to be entertained. I give it FOUR stars(out of 4). I think anything else I say would be construed as a spoiler so I will just [​IMG]stifle it. It does set up a seamless blend into the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It would be great to see them in chronological order. My only regrets for LOTR is that Martin Freeman should have been cast as the original Bilbo, and I wish anyone else had played Frodo.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  5. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    My brother saw Battle of Five Armies (Hobbit) and gave it 3 stars, he felt the second movie The Desolation of Smaug was better.

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Today I saw FOXCATCHER . Performances were very good, If I didn't know who the actors were, I never would have guessed by their appearance, Steve Carell as you've never seen him before, and a Mark Ruffalo, who just didn't look like himself no matter how much staring I did. I've read that critics said Channing Tatum was great in his "breakout role," I like Channing but, I it seems like he plays the same muscle bound character somewhat shy of gray matter., I don't see what "breakout" they are speaking of.

The movie was interesting but, slow paced to the point I felt if I nodded off I wouldn't miss anything. The movie is based on true events in John Dupont's life. I think the meager examples of how his mother spurned him, fell far short of building a case for his mental state.which ,lead him to a lengthy prison sentence. He died in jail , I believe four years ago.

I rate it 2.5 stars, it could have been so much better if they provided more background of the major characters so . As it played I really didn't feel empathy for any of them.

7. Amberjem

Amberjem Overrun With Chickens

seen guardians of the galaxey great movie :) my netflix is getting slim I need some listings of movies to add to it

8. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

X2 on guardians... I'm watching it for the fourth time... Lol... I have a problem.

9. yeah i need to watch gotg again. I missed some stuff speaking of [email protected] I got dancing baby groot socks in my stocking!!! My dd must have stuck them in there from her Lootcrate delivery.[​IMG]

10. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    No it can't be true - if we don't see a photo, it didn't happen. Where is baby dancing groot ?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by