Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Going to a restored historic theater today, work is paying so were going. Just costs us a donation to toys for kids for Christmas.
    It's awesome still looks the same as it did on its grand opening in 1914. Might not have the soft lazy boy reclining seats of the new theaters, but they don't have a cool balcony! We watch up in the balcony, kids love it. Along with new releases they show classics movies(right now its Bing Crosby's 'White Christmas'), have concerts and theater, plays. All in a small town. It was supposed to be 'Big Hero 6', that one looks dumb, the kids were happy to find out it's 'Penguins of Madagascar', them penguins are super hilarious!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    We have a restored theatre - not on the scale as yours, but, it has lower ticket prices, gets second run movies and lower priced concessions. It's in another suburb but, close enough. The bad thing is mainly has matinees so movie gets out too late if I take the senior bus. Sometimes on Friday it's a little earlier so that's what I try for. No big crowd just a more friendly, small audience.

There is another restored theatre in Downers Grove, I believe - the Tivoli - which is supposed to be beautiful with restored old organ, balconies etc. I haven't been able to go there. But the bus driver said he loves it. However, it has a tiny parking lot and almost no on street parking - so it really favors the residents who can just walk over.

ps Tivoli is reported to be haunted. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  3. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I've just read that 'IMITATION GAME," starring Benedict Cumberbatch will be opening nation wide on Christmas Day -really want to see that one.

4. What a beautiful theater.

imo Big Hero 6 was a great movie ;)

Oh and I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. I just love Groot...and Baby Groot [​IMG]

5. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Yippy! I want to see that

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Guardians is out on streaming and also rentals. Baby Groots are supposed to be available starting 12/31 I doubt that they came up with dancing ones though. I've seen some cheaply designed characters from the movie, that don't even resemble them.

7. Beer can

Beer can Chicken Obsessed

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Penguins was good, but not as good as I expected, the kids loved it though, thats all that matters. I think me and the wife are going to leave the kids home and watch White Christmas there. We havnt seen it in yrs and think it will be pretty cool to watch it on the big screen.

8. [​IMG]oh goodie. Yeah the toy store had a complete set of GOTG but I just wanted Groot. *sigh* keep me posted diva

9. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    tntchix will do

10. I watched The Usual Suspects last night. My deductive reasoning allowed me to figure out the bad guy in about 20 minutes. hmmm could have been better On the plus side, I now understand the KeyserSoze jokes on my Twitter feed. LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by