Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. goatluver20

goatluver20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I went and saw penguins of Madagascar a few days ago with my best friend for her birthday. They never fail to make me laugh :p Great movie in my opinion. Can't wait to go see the hobbit when it come out. I just hope they stick to the book better than they did in the last one...

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The Five Armies(Hobbit) is supposed to open 12-17 - so hope to see it this weekend. I know the romance with Killi ,and I forget who, is something Jackson just threw in to make the movie longer. I expect it to be a better film than the first two - because Smaug is exciting, and of course the scheming Gollom.

3. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    I love the Lord of the Rings Hobbit movies, read all the books when I was a kid, even the prequel, and that was a hard read. Can't wait to watch the new one, as far as how close they are to the books it's hard for me to remember, I read them probably 25yrs ago I was maybe 14?
    So they are close enough for me. If I remember right the animated movie that came out when I was a kid did follow the books pretty good.

4. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    OH YES, I loved the LOTR trilogy. I loved the movies. When they would end and I knew I had to wait a year to see another one - I never thought I could last that long. My son and I had to go to a distant theatre for the first movie, it was sold out all around us. We HAD to see it as soon as it opened - it was a midnight showing. My son had a fit that I HAD to come with him. No way would I let him go alone. Besides he had his learners permit to drive and had to have an adult in the car with him, AND he was out after curfew. We got out about 3 am(on a school night) - everyone emptied the parking lot pronto - it was really scary coming back at that hour, deserted streets, strange neighborhood.
    I'm much younger on the inside so it was a rush for me, my son not so much, he could barely keep his eyes open.

5. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

We went to see the two towers when it came out with my whole family. My mom isn't that interested in the genre, and with the movie being over three hours, she got quite frustrated during the movie. So we leave the theater and head homewards, when my mother decides she needs to vent a bit, and lets out a scream. In the front seat. While we were driving through one of the busiest intersections in Finland. My dad almost ran into other cars thinking she was reacting to something coming at us.

6. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    OH KAY, bit by bit we are learning how Felix got to be the way he is. My mom would have done more than just scream, she would have made us& everyone in the theatre miserable. This was long before everyone had a cell phone to silence.

7. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I'd try to aim the remote at my dad and hit mute, but it never worked.

8. goatluver20

goatluver20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    With the Lord of the Rings I'm still really excited to see it but... just a few concerns on how they pull it off is what I mean. I liked the Lord of the Rings movies better than the hobbit movies. I liked it better when the orks were real humans than how they are now with animation and stuff. They just aren't as scary now in my opinion. :p going to see penguins again tonight because my granma and brother want to see it.

9. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Long before my son could talk he'd press the remote trying to shut me up when I hollered at him.

10. Beer can

Beer can Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2014
    Upstate NY
    You know how portable phones you can find them by pushing a button on the receiver, we need tv remotes like that, do they make them? With five kids fighting over the remote they are lost at least once a day, sometimes takes days to find them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by