Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Pics
Help me out guys, I think the title was something like "The theory of everything." or not??
hu.gif

Today I saw "Mockingjay" the 3rd.movie in the Hunger Games series. Despite having less action and I believe a shorter running time, I felt the movie delivered!! I was entertained and surprised by a couple of unexpected twists. I give it 3 stars. Gayle (Liam Hemsworth) has an extended part. For the life of me, I cannot understand how Katniss could be in love with Petta through 3 movies, when Gale has been available from the start. No accounting for taste I guess.

Julienne Moore has joined the group & makes a fine addition as president Coin. Donald Sutherland has little to do apart from making menacing announcements . It was nice seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman again - despite an abbreviated role brought about by his unexpected death during the filming. This is a different movie that exposes more of what the district inhabitants have endured under President Snow's iron hand leadership. There are battles to be sure just not the spectacle of young tributes forced to kill each other, as mass entertainment. I rate this as 3 stars, only because I felt it ended too soon and wanted more.

Part two is scheduled for the same time next year. I wish movie makers would take into account that people of a certain age, can't wait forever.

Today I saw  "Mockingjay" the 3rd.movie in the Hunger Games series.   Despite having less action and I believe a shorter running time, I felt the movie delivered!!  I was entertained and surprised by a couple of unexpected twists. I give it 3 stars.   Gayle (Liam Hemsworth)  has an extended part. For the life of me, I cannot understand how Katniss could be in love with Petta  through 3 movies, when Gale has been available from the start.  No accounting for taste I guess.

Julienne Moore has joined  the group & makes a fine  addition as president Coin. Donald Sutherland has little to do apart from making menacing announcements . It was nice seeing Phillip Seymour Hoffman again - despite an abbreviated  role brought about by his unexpected death  during the filming.  This is a different movie that exposes more of what the district inhabitants have endured under President Snow's iron hand leadership. There are battles to be sure just  not the spectacle of young tributes forced to kill each other, as mass entertainment. I rate this as 3 stars, only because  I felt it ended too soon and  wanted more.

I want to go see Mockingjay Part 1 but I know if I do I won't be able to sleep until I see part 2 next year. LOL. :lau

I think you'll be okay, it was a year between the 1st. movie, I believe and Catching Fire. We survived. I really enjoyed part 3.

Back
Top Bottom