Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by drumstick diva, Feb 15, 2013.

1. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I haven't seen "Unbroken" yet. I have heard from a couple people that she focused on brutality and should have included something of his life afterwards.

2. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Three of us ( me, my brother and my adult son) saw "IMITATION GAME ," this morning. Benedict Cumberbatch should have the Oscar for this but, they never include my opinion in their determinations. Brother and I, both give this top rating of 4 stars. My son said he doesn't give movies ratings, but, he did seem moved at appropriate moments so maybe it did register with him.

Ben exhibited a wide range of raw emotions, in a very nuanced performance, that brought me to tears on more than one occasion . Based on the true story of Alan Turing, who did to much to help bring the war to a swifter and favorable conclusion and ,suffered horribly at the hands of the British Government, for doing so. Truly this is a movie that should be seen.

I am not a fan at all of Keira Knightly but, must confess her star shone brightly. I cannot imagine another actress doing better work. Supporting actors deserve applause as well.

3. Diva, sorry I'm so late with the pic but here it is.[​IMG]

I watched Expendables 3 for fun. No critique as I just love those guys so nothing bad can be said about my boys today.[​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Gotta Love Groot [​IMG]

5. Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I rented Expendables 3 from Netflix last week and watched it. Not a great movie, but better than I thought it would be. As always, it has a lot of fun action in it.

7. I'm such a nut for those action heroes. No, not a great movie but has all my faves.[​IMG]

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  9. hennible

hennible Overrun With Chickens

Oooh sounds good

10. vehve

vehve The Token Finn

Two slightly older movies that are out on DVD we've just watched: Pride, and Sex after kids. Both very good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by