Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Yesterday we saw "Knives Out". Once you got past Daniel Craig's phony southern accent, it was an entertaining movie. Of course once again I laughed at lines that others did not seem to find funny. :confused: Princess and I both go 3 stars on this movie.
Thanks for the review!

Went back to your post and pretty much agree. The two boys were great, Hitler was properly bizarre - characters properly characteurized (that ought to be a word). I just didn't quite 'get' the movie as a whole.
I havent seen it yet but I think its based on a comic book which might explain why it was hard to "get". There might be something in the comic that was left out in the adaptation.

Last night I saw "Emma" - the latest remake of the Jane Austen novel. It was true to the book except in one part. I try to see all the films of Austen's books, so I enjoyed it. If you don't know the book, it's about a young woman coming of age, giving up childishness, and gaining self-awareness and a little wisdom. It was a pretty film, both the locations and the costumes were easy to look at. Two chickens spotted, one rooster heard!

Thumbs up if you like Jane Austen. Otherwise, thumbs down.

Last night I saw "Emma" - the latest remake of the Jane Austen novel. It was true to the book except in one part. I try to see all the films of Austen's books, so I enjoyed it. If you don't know the book, it's about a young woman coming of age, giving up childishness, and gaining self-awareness and a little wisdom. It was a pretty film, both the locations and the costumes were easy to look at. Two chickens spotted, one rooster heard!

Thumbs up if you like Jane Austen. Otherwise, thumbs down.
I couldnt even make it through Pride and Prejudice...and Zombies let alone an actual Jane Austen film or novel. I know she has a loyal fan base and I don't doubt she's a good writer. Just not my cup o' tea

Back
Top Bottom