Currently Showing

davef72

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2015
East Texas
Food Inc in my nutrition class right now. As a high school teacher, I've taken this as a personal mission to make my students aware of what they are putting in their diets.

All the more reason I chose to purchase and raise my own chicks for egg purchases. If you've never seen this movie, it's worth an hour and a half of your time. Great movie and an eye opener about the food products on our shelves.

Food Inc in my nutrition class right now. As a high school teacher, I've taken this as a personal mission to make my students aware of what they are putting in their diets.

All the more reason I chose to purchase and raise my own chicks for egg purchases. If you've never seen this movie, it's worth an hour and a half of your time. Great movie and an eye opener about the food products on our shelves.
Thanks for educating your students about factory farming. Hopefully they will make wiser choices about what they eat and support.

@Hholly it is so important for me that I help my students understand that it is their responsibility to know what is in their diet. What they put in their body is their responsibility. Hopefully they can also convince their parents to make changes too.

@ChickenCanoe I also make the kids journal a food diary for 48 hours. It's very scary to see how badly kids eat these days. One of the many reasons I love this class. I want to help in any way possible.

@ChickenCanoe I also make the kids journal a food diary for 48 hours. It's very scary to see how badly kids eat these days. One of the many reasons I love this class. I want to help in any way possible.

Excellent plan.
If everyone did that, even those that know better would be surprised what their diary shows they put in their mouths.

The problem with Food Inc. is that there is a ton of false information meant to scare the viewer.
I am all for teaching children and adults where there food comes form but that show no justice to the truth.

@Chris09 We sift through the manure...pun intended to get the actual truth. I show this film simply to make kids more aware of what food they are placing into their bodies.

We in fact break down the Michael Moore scare factor of the movie.

Back
Top Bottom