Curved Toe?!?!

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
My PR has a curved toe. I noticed it this morning. I know I have to cut their nails bc they are getting to long and starting to curl. Could that be the problem? Her nail on that toe isn’t too long. She’s walking fine, eating and drinking like normal. I touched it and she didn’t have a problem with me.

Attachments

• 5371C56E-6724-4028-A6B5-28C8482A8B76.jpeg
    5371C56E-6724-4028-A6B5-28C8482A8B76.jpeg
    860.6 KB · Views: 20
  • A3A43E14-8028-4453-B913-79130DF1477B.jpeg
    A3A43E14-8028-4453-B913-79130DF1477B.jpeg
    767.6 KB · Views: 5
Could that be the problem?
No, a long toenail won't cause curving toes.

There are several possibilities.. the first is genetic.. maybe it's always been like that since hatch. The second is a broken or injured toe that's already healed. The third type seen is often caused by nutrient deficiency and curls all the the toes more like into a fist.

Is the other side like that?

Currently *sounds* like one of her individual traits more than something to be too concerned about.. according to your description of her behavior.

If you like further analysis.. please tell how old is she and describe feed routine, including treats and supplements.

No, a long toenail won't cause curving toes.

There are several possibilities.. the first is genetic.. maybe it's always been like that since hatch. The second is a broken or injured toe that's already healed. The third type seen is often caused by nutrient deficiency and curls all the the toes more like into a fist.

Is the other side like that?

Currently *sounds* like one of her individual traits more than something to be too concerned about.. according to your description of her behavior.

If you like further analysis.. please tell how old is she and describe feed routine, including treats and supplements.
Thank you. Her other foot is fine and I have another PR who’s feet are normal she’s never had a curved toe so I thought it was werid. She just turned 4 a week ago. Her feed routine is normal. I would say they eat a lot. Her butt feathers are trying to grow in. She’s got a bald butt right now from poop build up and I think the other birds were trying to clean her and ended up balding her. She also tried cleaning herself. Treats they don’t get a lot but dried mealworms and no supplements. In the spring/summer they get lots of mint too.

Back
Top Bottom