Cut on duck bill

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
So a bit ago, I went to check my ducks and noticed the one, Raspberry, has a small cut on the top of her bill. It's about the size of the edge of my pinky nail. It has a very small flap on it. Not sure what she could have caught it on or done to it. I flushed it out with betadine and put her back, but just wondering if I should do anything else? Will it heal okay?

So a bit ago, I went to check my ducks and noticed the one, Raspberry, has a small cut on the top of her bill. It's about the size of the edge of my pinky nail. It has a very small flap on it. Not sure what she could have caught it on or done to it. I flushed it out with betadine and put her back, but just wondering if I should do anything else? Will it heal okay?
I think she’ll be fine. No need to stress out over anything unnecessary.

Do you have a picture?
Sorry I was at the dentist and didn't have a chance to get pics till just now. I just cleaned the cut again so excuse the staining around it, it's from betadine. The cut itself is very small but today it felt pretty hot to the touch. I didn't see any pus when I cleaned it and I did apply some antibiotic ointment. I hope it heals 😭.

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_170010754.jpg
    IMG_20210219_170010754.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210219_170014982.jpg
    IMG_20210219_170014982.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 4
Sorry I was at the dentist and didn't have a chance to get pics till just now. I just cleaned the cut again so excuse the staining around it, it's from betadine. The cut itself is very small but today it felt pretty hot to the touch. I didn't see any pus when I cleaned it and I did apply some antibiotic ointment. I hope it heals 😭.

I would continue on applying ointment to the area as need be, and just watch for signs of infection (pus, swelling, discharge, etc). If desired a hydrogel waterproof bandage could be placed onto to prevent bacterial contamination of the wound.

I would continue on applying ointment to the area as need be, and just watch for signs of infection (pus, swelling, discharge, etc). If desired a hydrogel waterproof bandage could be placed onto to prevent bacterial contamination of the wound.
Thanks ☺️. I don't know why I didn't think of the waterproof bandages! I even have a bunch in my closet.

Back
Top Bottom