Cute baby birds

Canina

Songster
Oct 28, 2021
Wasn’t sure where to put this but I was going through my phone and found some old pics

Baby swallow at where I used to work. They fell out of the nest and the other baby had been trampled by a horse already. It was literally freezing temperatures and I wasn’t allowed to stop working so I put it in my room and kept sneaking back every 15 minutes to half hour to give it food water and chrckir was still ok. Ihad to do a 12+ hour shift then hours of coursework and then the night shift (didn’t finish until 3am) but the next day I was able to get a ladder tall enough and put it back and it’s parents took it back.

https://cs48.clideo.com/p/9bniKw7Aa...aff3-4bf8-4932-9860-6bbe0faf9cc1_PDNEfV9H.mp4

There’s also a bird I rescued in Trinidad. My mother found it in the yard (top). We had 2 cats 4 dogs and a bunch of other predators like snakes, giant centipedes, scorpions, caiman etc running around so after waiting 45 minutes for parents to show we took it inside and it slept either in the nest I made for it or on me (they especially fell asleep after eating). I had to return to the U.K. after sadly so have to leave the bird with my family. There’s also another young bird from the aviary at work (Canary? Bottom)

B8E825CC-0E06-4150-BA06-82EA0689E405.jpeg

Last edited:
Good job saving and taking care of these cute babies. I love rescue stories :love
Thank you, it was hard work. I fed the baby in Trinidad every 10 minutes when he started screaming and it was nerve wracking feeding them with tweezers and a pipette to begin with but it was so rewarding seeing them happy when they were full, getting stronger and so glad I finally managed to get the swallow back to their family. I’m surprised they even survived the drop onto concrete floor and then a cold night in the stable but they clearly were a little fighter.

Back
Top Bottom