Cute chick names??

Thanks for the advice! I am calling the white one Dovey for now. I still have the brown one to name. She's up and walking now.(turns out she was suffering from vitamin defiancey) Cheerio is sick now. Thanks for the advice! Might name the brown one waffles.

My sister and her husband got some chicks a few months back. and when they first got them my sister, brother in law and my neice all named one chicken. they did this over a few week period. first they had this little chick that was all yellow just like a marshmallow peep so my neice named him peep, the second was a little splash silkie but as a chick was white, so my brother in law named him moses. Then the last chick they got was a few weeks younger than the rest, and he was a brown leghorn, and my sister called him holy just because she liked that name. So as it turns out they have Holy, Peep and Moses and when you just say their names outloud it comes out as Holy Peepin Moses. And This has become the Joke around their household.

for a boy I like joey
I don't know why
and for a girl hazel
D.gif
goodpost.gif
yippiechickie.gif

No one understands how much fun we have with our chickens, let alone their personalities and how much time and thought we put into naming them. My rooster was at first thought to be a girl so I named her Anastasia after the character in 50 Shades of Gray! Turns out she was a he and the whole ball game changed. Romanov came about after the Russian Royal family.
My roo is so majestic and handsome, he automatically demands respect and attention. He looks after his 5 'girls' as if his life depended on it.
There's Pearl my big New Jersey Giant, THE Diva, Miss Creme Brulee (adorable big cream Wyandott with Caramel frosting, very independent) 2 Rhode Island Reds, Sophia, you just want to cuddle and chat with her all day and Lucille (the baby chatterbox) and finally Miss Inca, the other N.J. Giant, always elegant and serene, every shade of black and iridescent green. How fortunate we are.

I am getting a few more and I think I am naming them
-stephanie
-grace
-stampy (Google stampylongnose)
-trayarus
-cherry (everyone calls my mom cherry lol)
-barbie

Current chickens names
-red (rhode island red)
-Emma
-buff (Orpington)
-mr. White
-anna
-Helen
-cinnamon queen
-crow queen (looks like a crow doesn't actually crow)
Crow queens sister (forgot her name)
And a few we can't tell apart

Baby chicks
-Angie
-marylin
-Tiffany-jannet (couldn't decide so named her both)

Last edited:
We had a hen called stampie :) I'm glad to know that it's not a completely random name lol. But from the above I agree it's best to watch them for their personalities , not just what they look like. I have a sweetheart called Darla , she's a fat little jet black silkie who is blind in one eye with a crooked beak but she's a sweetie and is so friendly and comical

We have:
Alli (thanks to my 7 year old)
Quickster (thanks to my creative 12 year old and hence my user name. He also wanted to call one jumper, leaper, hopper, skipper etc)
Piper
Elsie
Daisy
Rosie

Daisy and Rosie will probably be getting new names since my husband is complaining he didn't get to name any and those were just "gotta come up with a name" names.

When I was a kid my friend had a rooster called Ferdinand. He carried him around on his arm and could make him crow by pulling on his "gobbler??". Yep I'm new to the chicken stuff. We would get up early and go to neighbors windows and make him crow.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom