Cute chick names??

kateschickens1

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
I'm getting some chicks soon and I need help naming. Here are some names I like:
Gizmo
Bitzi
Presto
I like unusual names like gizmo or presto. Not like peep or something. Thanks!

I usually wait to watch their personalities. I watched my chicks for about a week before I named them. I named them, and two weeks later their names don't fit them. So I changed them.

I also research the breed's personality, and read on here about them.

So sorry I wasn't much help... :/

Last edited:
I already named two of them. One's Kitty she makes a sound like a purr its cute. The other is Cheerio just because its a cute name. I still have two to name though one's white and is really sweet, the other is a brown one and wont stand up or walk. Thanks for the advice!

I named mine based on personality and also on characters from one of my favorite movies, the nightmare before Christmas. So here are what I named my five little ones

SweetPea
Jack
Sally
Shock
Barrel

And you will probably end up having to change them as they grow. I had to when I finally could see who were Roos and who were pullets :lol:

My kids do the naming round here... I can barely remember the kids' names! Here's a partial list...

Waffles
Velvet
Mawmaw
Freddy Kruger (rooster, Fred for short)
Sugar
Chicken Little
Oreo
Daisy

And here's a list of names I remember from my childhood...

Sparky
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Sprocket
Rambo
Hopalong (one-legged rooster)

My nephews had one named Choochoo, and one named Mambo.

I think you could name them Fluffy or Tommy. I have two Golden-Laced Wyandottes called Fluffy and Tuffy.

I was given the prettiest grey Cochin. So after the book "50 Shades Of Gray" I named her Anastasia. Turns out she is a magnificent 'He' so in keeping with the Russian theme, I renamed him Romanov. He suits his name, grows more loving every day and enjoys getting his feet washed every night before he goes to bed.

Back
Top Bottom