• Tranquillity (Dark Tranquillity)
  • Finntroll
  • Korpiklanni
  • Soen
  • Ihsahn (pronounced ih-shon)
  • Riverside
  • Mastodon
  • Trouble
Korpiklaani puts on a hell of a show. The lead singer is really humble and was hanging out with fans after the show too

That's awesome... I'm a big Megadeth and Overkill fan myself. Kind of steered away from Metallica after the black album like a lot of fans. I've seen Megadeth, Overkill, Testament and then Metallica twice, once with Metal Church when James Hetfield burned his arms on the pyros. Would have loved to see the 'big 4' show.

I blew my knee out in the mosh pit at Testament. Guy fell and hit my leg sideways and I went down. 4 other guys helped me up and out of it. Metal fan comraderie is unlike any other scene I've been in. Needless to say, I'm a sideliner now. Too old for the pits.
*sob* That reminds me of the Titans tour (Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, + rotating 4th, I think it was Alice in Chains at the time), and I missed it. I thought I had the timing down perfectly as my mother was out of town... and then my dad said no.

I never got in a pit, probably for the best. Hubby would come home with bruises and yeah, he always spoke fondly about how the unspoken rule was you don't let other people fall down or stay down.
rammstein?

I can't take them seriously, but that's because the first time I heard them I was road tripping to a fantasy LARP - so everytime I hear them, I can't help but think of dwarves (think Tolkein) in kilts, singing in German.

That's a difficult mental image to get past.
Rammstein puts this in my head:

*sob* That reminds me of the Titans tour (Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, + rotating 4th, I think it was Alice in Chains at the time), and I missed it. I thought I had the timing down perfectly as my mother was out of town... and then my dad said no.

I never got in a pit, probably for the best. Hubby would come home with bruises and yeah, he always spoke fondly about how the unspoken rule was you don't let other people fall down or stay down.

Rammstein puts this in my head:
That's the one.

I don't normally sway too far from classic rock, hard rock and metal but I do get in moods when I've heard enough growling for the moment... I happened upon this band a while ago and this has become a favorite of mine. When I finally crash and burn, this one would be my final song.
Thought I'd post it if anyone cares to check it out...

Back
Top Bottom