925.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190527_164129.jpg
    20190527_164129.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190524_205055.jpg
    20190524_205055.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 4
I

Spend time with them, dont chase them around, be patient and let them get used to you, sit with them, let them approach you, patiently offer hand fulls of food/treats, and most important be patient and concistand. Thats my advice.

Brown khaki campbells.

So far I have been trying to let them sit in the brooder in the living room. It took them almost six hours to start eating and they aren’t fleeing to the corner every time someone moves.

So far I have been trying to let them sit in the brooder in the living room. It took them almost six hours to start eating and they aren’t fleeing to the corner every time someone moves.
Thats good. If you put you hand in their with food and wait patiently several times a day, thatll help.

Thats good. If you put you hand in their with food and wait patiently several times a day, thatll help.

This is my first time dealing with ducklings this old that I haven’t hatched myself. I am just happy they are eating and drinking after they went on strike for their first 7 hours. Now they are preening, peeping, and zooming around at times. Going to take any advice I can get, and put it to use slowly.

This is my first time dealing with ducklings this old that I haven’t hatched myself. I am just happy they are eating and drinking after they went on strike for their first 7 hours. Now they are preening, peeping, and zooming around at times. Going to take any advice I can get, and put it to use slowly.
They werent on strike. It's common that they dont eat until the morning after hatching. Because in the wild, they wouldnt eat until their mom took them to swim the next morning.

View attachment 1794586 My kids swimming with their duckies!

View attachment 1794587
Addi making the duckies their "food" she makes every morning for them!
View attachment 1794588

View attachment 1794589
Cupcake, the one with the topknot was unfortunately taken from us last week.
We have Goldie, the larger one and Arthur the small black one.

View attachment 1794595
My youngest singing to her duckies!
She experienced her first loss with the middle duckie, cupcake. She named him Cupcake and the top knot looked like one! We think a hawk got it.
View attachment 1794594
Here is Arthur on the left, my oldests' duck and Goldie on the right, my youngests' duck.
Just a Rouen correct.. it’s feathers look red or orangish it’s really cool looking..

Thank you. Your pics melted my heart. Your kiddos are precious! Your ducks are beautiful too! My Rouen is named Miss Squiggy and honestly has always been a crank butt until we got these baby pekins. She doesn't really interact with them yet but she interferes when one of my runners shows some dominance with them. I think she is a little maternal.
Thank you. Your pics melted my heart. Your kiddos are precious! Your ducks are beautiful too! My Rouen is named Miss Squiggy and honestly has always been a crank butt until we got these baby pekins. She doesn't really interact with them yet but she interferes when one of my runners shows some dominance with them. I think she is a little maternal.

She is living up to her name!!!
When we had the daddy pekin, he was dominate with my daughter. Right before we got rid of him, he charged at my daughter who was playing on her slide and our Rouen ran after him, put herself between addi and him and chewed him out!!! Wish I could have recorded it!

Mrs squiggy is a boss

Back
Top Bottom