cutest chick EVER

laughingllama75

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
NH
ha, just had to share a pic of my little one. A serama that was the only hatch out of 9. I wont have more out of the bator till' thursday, so he is a pocket pal for now. Here he was just chillin' with his teddy earlier. I thought this pic was the cutest ever.
103_2522.jpg

His name is Buckshot
tongue.png

103_2521.jpg

here he was this morning, 24 hours old. So tiny!
103_2519.jpg

What a cutie!!! It's so tiny!! He'll really be your buddy by the time his peeps show up!!

I haven't tried hatching eggs yet - this is my first full year with chickens - but that little one sures makes it tempting!!

Good luck with all your babies!

Cyndi

wow, that is the tiniest chick I have ever seen! You should really send that pic to BackyardPoultry magazine. They have a contest running. I would say this pic would win hands down.

He sure is a looker !!!!
I can't believe i used to ( in another life) use them for snake food.
I needs a big ole
smack.gif
fer that one.
I can't wait fer my bator part ot git heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre !!!!!!! I can't wait till my pheasant eggs git heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrre !!!!!
I can't wait to hatch my first chicken peepsters out from my very own eggs !!!!
jumpy.gif

Holy Lord, snakefood..........yeah, I used to own 2 big burmese pythons and I fed lots of things I would rather not talk about.
sad.png
I no longer have the snakes, as I they were getting to big (each was over 10 ft) for me to house properly. Besides, chickens are WAY more fun.
smile.png

Quote:
My son had a snake once and we used to feed it small rats. The snake got to where it wouldn't eat so we gave it to someone who knew how to care for it. We ended up keeping one of the rats that the snake didn't eat. We named him Rattar.

Who knew that rats made good pets? My kids would sit and play with him and if something scared him he would run to one of the kids and grab onto their clothes looking to them for protection.

My son would sometimes tease him and Rattar would pick up small objects and throw them at him; he had pretty good aim. I was sitting and watching TV one evening and Rattar was sitting in my lap eating some grapes; my son walked by and pinched his tail. Rattar picked up one of the grapes and threw it and hit my son right between the eyes.

I liked that rat so much better than that snake!!!

I knew they were smart, but that takes the cake! I had rats for a while, because of a rat that a bull snake I caught wouldn't eat. I was heartbroken when she passed at about 3 or 4 years. They don't live long enough. She was a real sweetheart; we named her Nickady, female version of "Nickademus" from "The Rats of NIMH". I let the snake go back where we caught it.

I used to have a big anaconda in a pond behind my house. They say they won't grow big this far away from the equator, but with the pond heater it got at least 30 feet.

When I'd go out and play the bagpipes, it'd come up out of the water, knowing it was feeding time.

Ah, the memories....

lau.gif

Oh, and really really cute baby!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom