Cutest chicken contest!

Diva...yes! :) Here's one of my favorites.
20180609_182324.jpg
. I love them with a bow. This girl laid a pretty blue/green egg.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

(Tooki is the yellow chick and Brownie is the Brown chick.)

I present to you.. Tooki and Brownie and their first meeting!

IMG-20181013-WA0017.jpeg

This is Tooki and Brownie in the car the day we were bringing Brownie home after adopting him from our local poultry farm. The interesting thing is we thought that Brownie was a girl. As the vet had confirmed that Tooki was a girl, we asked the poultry farm people to give us a chick of the same gender. But recently Brownie crowed and we found out that it's a boy! Haha it was wonderful hearing him crow and I couldn't love my babies more.

I am raising them in my apartment and it all started when my mum found Tooki as a 1 day old chick, lying on the road. After we got her (and proceeded to fall completely in love with her), we had to get her a friend and thus entered our darling Brownie in the picture!

Hope you all like it! :)

7B2F178A-6C6B-4F49-AEC8-DEECFD3706A7.png

This is mearle the squirrel.
We believe he is a new hamphire red.
He’s a yearling.
Currently, he’s the only chicken we have. Amidst a sea of turkeys.
He came home with his rooster flock of five that was all supposed to be hens after I stopped by a “chicks for sale” roadside stand.
We loved having the rooster flock. Unfortunately a predictor took all but him during a broad daylight attack while free ranging.
When his comrades were alive, mearle was a jerk. When it was down to just him, he went into a deep depression and refused to leave the coop. He eventually bonded with the three turkey hens and the Tom he’s housed with. And me. He really bonded with me. He’s my little man.
Mearle starts crowing at three am most days. BUt sometimes sooner. As is the case as I type at 1:00 am. But I don’t mind. Don’t have neighbors either- good thing too.
Mearle has been known to sit on turkey eggs and if the girls on on the nest, you better believe he’s sitting above them.
View attachment 1620758
He’d protect me and the turkey hens with his life. When there’s a threat in the sky, he warns his turkey family to take cover- and they do, including a 50 lb BB Tom. He then proceeds to the center of the run making noises as if to say- “you want some of this?! Bring it on!”
Mearle is a pretty special little man.
Last, of the five original roosters, he was the first to crow, a month and a half before the rest as a tiny cockerel. That’s no big suprise though, being that crowing is his favorite past time. His favorite game is to play choir with the five toms in adjacent runs. He jumps on a roost and crows over and over at the top of his lungs, purring so much into it, he loses his breath post crow for a second- and he does this until all five toms are gobbling - aka singing in his choir. He knows he’s the featured solo!

Back
Top Bottom