cutest chicken names!

Pics
I don't have any chickens yet, but I am planning to get some soon. I get to name four of them, and I'm planning to name them Kuxxel, Caiya, Gylfie, and Primrose. Other names I considered were Kexas, Lucy, Emmie, (In honor of our friend's chicken who died) Saia, and Kible. I like weird names! :D

Here are the names of my flock

Blackie (Ancona rooster) Mildrid (silver laced Wyandotte rooster) Nugget (silver laced Wyandotte hen) Carl (gold laced Wyandotte hen)

Hope this helps

Sure! I'll have to find a pic. I may be able to get a newer one this afternoon if I remember. The chickens are finally going out into their run now that the thick snow has melted, but it's still below freezing here. I bought her with only one foot from a farmer who was selling her for the stew pot, and she uses her left knee to get around. She does great! We almost called her "Peg" (as in leg.)

Sure! I'll have to find a pic. I may be able to get a newer one this afternoon if I remember. The chickens are finally going out into their run now that the thick snow has melted, but it's still below freezing here. I bought her with only one foot from a farmer who was selling her for the stew pot, and she uses her left knee to get around. She does great! We almost called her "Peg" (as in leg.)
She sounds like a cutie!

Oh, she is! She would probably bully the bantams a lot more if she could move more quickly, but with us she's a sweetie. Even though she wasn't hand raised, she doesn't mind being handled at all. She's not a cuddler like Mrs. Peep and Hermione, but she's still nice ( and easy to catch!) :gig

Adorable name! :D May I see her?

@ DuckRaiser Ok, I haven't figured out how to post pics on threads from my iPad yet, so I loaded some pics of Lefty and the others from today in my album for you under "random pics" on my profile. Sorry, I'm such a noob that I can't do it! You can't really tell that Lefty has only one leg, but her other one is basically just a Stub. She gets around amazingly well, but she's definitely slower than the others which is a good thing. She's pretty dominant over the bantams, but they can outrun her if she tries to pick on them. So far so good!

Oh, she is! She would probably bully the bantams a lot more if she could move more quickly, but with us she's a sweetie. Even though she wasn't hand raised, she doesn't mind being handled at all. She's not a cuddler like Mrs. Peep and Hermione, but she's still nice ( and easy to catch!)
gig.gif
LOL!XD That sentence was a quarter terrible and the rest funny!
gig.gif
I have been watching Pekin bantam videos of chicks...SO CUTEO.O
@ DuckRaiser Ok, I haven't figured out how to post pics on threads from my iPad yet, so I loaded some pics of Lefty and the others from today in my album for you under "random pics" on my profile. Sorry, I'm such a noob that I can't do it! You can't really tell that Lefty has only one leg, but her other one is basically just a Stub. She gets around amazingly well, but she's definitely slower than the others which is a good thing. She's pretty dominant over the bantams, but they can outrun her if she tries to pick on them. So far so good!

Well, sorry to say this but it seems as if it is a good thing she can't catch up with the bantams, I mean, it's better then the bantams getting injured, right?...

Totally agree! I wouldn't be able to keep her if she bullied them. Any bullies get re-homed. Luckily I have lots of friends and family who keep chickens and always have room for more. Here's another funny name. My brother had a bb red rooster named Chicklet. Also, my husband jokes that he has different names for our chickens than the kids and I do. He'll call them Lemon Pepper, Bar-b-que, Teriaki... Not that he'd be allowed to eat our babies of course! We just couldn't do it. They're definitely our pets!

Totally agree! I wouldn't be able to keep her if she bullied them. Any bullies get re-homed. Luckily I have lots of friends and family who keep chickens and always have room for more. Here's another funny name. My brother had a bb red rooster named Chicklet. Also, my husband jokes that he has different names for our chickens than the kids and I do. He'll call them Lemon Pepper, Bar-b-que, Teriaki... Not that he'd be allowed to eat our babies of course! We just couldn't do it. They're definitely our pets!

I like kids that respect animals, I had kids that were visiting and they chased my poor duckies!!!
hit.gif
Another kid thought my guineas were hawks that were chasing my chickens so he ran and said, "They are hurting the hens!" That made me laugh a little yet they got chased so I was a little annoyed but he was trying to help, he said sorry to me.

Back
Top Bottom