cutest chicken names!

Pics
Hi There,
My name is Lila Ann & i am new to this site i have a question regarding my rooster & hen that adopted us as strays my sister named them HENRY & HENRIETTA let me tell u a little story on these 2 there are many stray roosters & hens around where i live but these 2 refuses to go elsewhere people wanted to catch them & butcher them or cockfight them but being the ANIMAL LOVER that i am i refused to let anyone touch these 2 so i started to buy chicken scratch food now they are my babies & can't let them go.. But i have a question lately i notice that there always together but like to wander around & i'm just afraid that someone will steal them or hurt them i don't have a coop or any housing for them they just free rein all the time but at night at 5:45 SHARP the male rooster will fly up the tree once there he will cuckoo do al do for the female (henrietta) to come up once she's there he will then stop the crowing. But sometimes when he doesn't see her around he will cuckoo do al do all the time is this normal for them to do this? Also when i put food out for them they will only nibble at them but throughout the day it will be gone by morning.. However i always see them digging moving aside the dirt & picking up things from the ground i wonder why they do this & what are they eating? Thanks people HAVE A GREAT DAY & hope to get some answers. Thanks

Regards,
Lila Ann

I would go to a reclaimed kitchen cabinets store and get them a cabinet, or maybe you can find an old dog house for them to live in. we have a site in our town, all you have to do is put out the feelers that you are looking for something and people will give it to you for free. so look around. and good luck.

Last edited:
We did old lady names for our last flock, our rooster was Spike ;) and we had a younger rooster named Jake (not sure the reasoning, my 7 year old insisted)
We're starting over this year, 8 baby chicks are on their way right now :D and we decided to do a Disney theme with names. They want our rooster to be Donald (Duck...err Chicken? LOL) and so far have said one will be Minnie and one will be Elsa. We'll see what they come up with for the rest of them when they get here!

Hmm
We did old lady names for our last flock, our rooster was Spike ;)  and we had a younger rooster named Jake (not sure the reasoning, my 7 year old insisted)
We're starting over this year, 8 baby chicks are on their way right now :D  and we decided to do a Disney theme with names. They want our rooster to be Donald (Duck...err Chicken?  LOL) and so far have said one will be Minnie and one will be Elsa. We'll see what they come up with for the rest of them when they get here!
Hmm... What about Anastasia?

I don't have chickens yet while I learn all about what I need to do first. I have picked out some names. I like old lady names for them. So far I have Bessie, Edna, Thelma and Zelma, after the names of my four great grandmothers and also Lucy and Ethel.

My friend was VERY cute and creative with her chicken names, these were ones she listed while she was trying to decide:

Grace Shell-y
Audrey Henburn
Sofia Laurhen
Laying Godiva
Princess Buttercup (a Buttercup chicken)
Mary Poopins
Feather Locklear
Maid Marihen
Elizachick Taylor
Henifer Aniston

My kids pick the craziest names for our chickens.  The rooster is Fat Albert (from Bill Cosby), we also have Lady Gray, Blackie, Cheepers, Chocolate, Snowy.  We've also had Little Red, Henny Penny, Tiny, and Big Stuff (little rooster who thought he was ALL THAT).  We had a pair once named Hugs and Kisses (like the Hershey's candies).

Almost forgot about Chubby- he is the largest of our 2 week old chicks and ALWAYS the first to grab at mealworms and run around trying to keep them from everyone.

My hens that were given to me by my friend are

Margeaux Heningway
Olivia Dehenilund
Julihen Moore

I think it's hilarious. My others are Lucille Ball, Blondie, Lola the Showgirl, Violet & Sapphire.

Last edited:
I'm a first time chick mama and my son and I just named ours today. I picked a floral theme, which the boy was none too happy about, but he did come up with some dandies, nonetheless. We have Rosey, Flora, Tulip, Dandelion, Honeysuckle, Dahlia, Sasparilla/Sassy, Amaryllis/Amy, Clover, & Leilani. He had wanted a Lucky and a Fluffy. We met in the middle with Clover and Dandelion haha.

My first group is named after the months of the year, seasons, and time of day. Jan, Marcha, April, May, June, July, Augusta, Ember, Summer, Spring, Eve, and Night. Now I have spring chicks in the brooder and trying to decide who they are.

My kids have been trying to name our flock. For the Chicks we have Fluffy, Puffy and Brownie (she has a brown butt). Then for the two ducklings we have Duckie Mo Mo and Günter even though we don't yet know the sex of the ducks.

Back
Top Bottom