cutest chicken names!

Pics
My first ever chickens were named after the characters from Big Bang theory -

Amy and Penny were the two warrens.

Sheldon a silkie cross who turned out to be pullet when I thought he was roo and was renamed Sheldor.

Bernadette a black orpington who later turned out to be roo and was renamed Bernie.

I had to rehome Bernie he didn't like the dogs and it was for his own safety. Has a lovely home now though just down the road from me, has made a lovely big roo though.
Unfortunately I lost Amy,Penny and Sheldor to a fox attack.
The only two I have named at the moment is Snowy my polish roo and one of frizzle pullets Frizz.

My first ever chickens were named after the characters from Big Bang theory -

Amy and Penny were the two warrens.

Sheldon a silkie cross who turned out to be pullet when I thought he was roo and was renamed Sheldor.

Bernadette a black orpington who later turned out to be roo and was renamed Bernie.

I had to rehome Bernie he didn't like the dogs and it was for his own safety. Has a lovely home now though just down the road from me, has made a lovely big roo though.
Unfortunately I lost Amy,Penny and Sheldor to a fox attack.
The only two I have named at the moment is Snowy my polish roo and one of frizzle pullets Frizz.
So sorry about your two loses. We lost one from a hawk and now we are putting a wire roof over the run. I like your names.

I have tried string over the pen area. it helps.
We have string also, but something got in and and took our hen, no signs of blood, bones or body. It must of flew away with her.

Or maybe something scared her and she flew out and got caught. Don't know, we were out of town and the pet sitter came and found the evidence of feathers.

sad.png
sorry for you.

So sorry about your two loses.  We lost one from a hawk and now we are putting a wire roof over the run.  I like your names.

I have tried string over the pen area. it helps.

We have string also, but something got in and and took our hen, no signs of blood, bones or body.  It must of flew away with her.

Or maybe something scared her and she flew out and got caught.  Don't know, we were out of town and the pet sitter came and found the evidence of feathers.

Thanks. It was my fault also thinking I was predator proof and clearly wasn't. Have made some security changes now. New run perimeter higher and stronger wire. Also extra bolts on coop and I tripple check when it's bed time that all pop holes are locked.

Well, for our Roo we are planning to get a Black Sumatra... and I want to name it Frank Sinatra the Black Sumatra... Kinda cheesy but I think its funny
tongue.png

I LOL'd @ Mary Poopins and Chick Norris! Hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom