cutest chicken names!

Pics
I pick the weirdest names for my chickens. I don't name chicks on purpose in case they're roosters. We're not allowed to have roosters, so they go in the freezer. I give the little chicks and pullets nicknames early on so we can identify which one we're talking about. Once you name them, they're real pets and it's hard to euthanize real pets. Usually, the weird nicknames stick.

Bestfriend is my favorite buff orpington. She perches on my shoulder.
BrainDamage was attacked as a pullet and is missing 1/3 of her comb. She's completely neurotic.
Queenie...who doesn't have a queenie in their flock?

I should really get around to naming the others. I'll do more normal names like Pink or perhaps Floyd. :)

Last edited:
I have one brahma that sounds different than the others, guessing he's a rooster. His name is roo Paul. I have a Henny Penny too. Our brown one is butterscotch and a white silkie is Olaf. The rest aren't named yet. We have 20 total. But they're babies so we need to see personalities and colors first :)

Momo is my little roo, but the best is the name of one of my pullets. When I bought her, I actually told the store clerk that I wanted a different breed, but they grabbed the wrong chicken. I didn't notice she was wrong until I got home. Because of this we named her "Frankie," because "frankly I didn't actually want her!" xD

Back
Top Bottom