cutest chicken names!

We have only been chicken owners for a few months now. Here are a few names that my children have come up with:

-Lulu
-Lacey (Amerucana)
- Ginger (Rhode Island Red)
- Apple (also known as Zaxbys to my son)
- Dolly
- Reba
- Luna

We have three week old chicks right now and we are waiting to name them once their feathers come in completely :)

Eventually all our chickens will be eaten so we give them food names, which I think are actually really cute sometimes! We've only named some of them(the ones we can tell apart) but here are the names of the ones we have:
Kentucky(kentucky fried chicken)
Parmesan
Tortellini
Alfredo
Mint
Cardamon
Paprika
Oregano
Noodle

I enjoy how we name our feathered (and scaly friends).. Here are the names of our previous flock, we haven't named the chicks yet since they all act and look the same. Most are descriptive (as the Native Americans did of some behavior... Remember 'Dances with Wolves'?

'Mrs. Toughguy', 'Assistant Mrs. Toughguy' , 'Mz Weirdo', 'Squawky' and 'Broody'

....and of course our pet Bearded Dragons:

Kiwi, L'il Red, Australio, Asia, Asia Minor, Little Tiger, Snake, Little Climber, Primero, Mark Spitz, Red Velvet, Little Bow-Wow, Freakout, Little Guy (a female)..

Barbie Que is a riot!

Since my girls live in the Royal Coop I named them all after the ladies of the royal family.

Fergie is my red, Di is a white sexlink, Elizabeth an Australorp, and Kate is a Barred Rock.

I am a brand new chicken mama, hope it's not bad luck to name the chicks before they get all of their feathers in! Some of my names are chosen because of the colors that the chicks SHOULD turn out to be :). Also saw this posted earlier, but I love love love the name Maybelline!!! Here are my girls names:

Lady Mary. (Black Australorp)
Mrs. Patmore. (Buff orp)
Violet

Alice
Flo
And Vera (from Mel's Diner, showing my age here!)

Sister
Watusi
Sylvia

Rural King has their first chicks of the season.....starting to consider adding on. I currently have 4 roosters and only 7 hens. Need some more layers.

Back
Top Bottom