Cutest Cochin Contest!

Pics
Oh, @LadiesAndJane, I adore the splash silkie in your profile!
(If I still had the Silkie rooster that passed away a few years ago, I would have probably bred him to my Banty Cochins. 😕)
Thanks! That’s Eko, my sweet boy. He is actually a paint.🥰
Considering hatching some of Hanabi’s eggs, but currently she will have nothing to do with him!🤣

They are wonderful breeds!
(I'm curious, is she broody? My bantam Cochins are the broodiest things on the planet. Drives me crazy!)
So far Houlihan isn't broody. She's a pretty reliable layer. A little messy. She has dropped more than a couple in the run. I'm new to chicken keeping, but the only broody bird I have experience with so far i

(oops. posted before finishing) ... my only broody so far has been a cream legbar which seems odd based on the reading about them.
I hope my cream legbar goes broody eventually. She's one of my favorite hens. She won't sit in the nest box to lay an egg unless we either give her an egg to sit on or our hand to sit on. 🤦‍♀️

Thanks! That’s Eko, my sweet boy. He is actually a paint.🥰
Considering hatching some of Hanabi’s eggs, but currently she will have nothing to do with him!🤣
(Oops, I give him my apologies.... 😬)
My mistake! (Though I have to say, they look almost the same.... :oops: 🤣 )

Good luck with your hatching! Once our flock number of about 70 goes down, I hope to breed Bootsie to either our brand new Anconas or my SS hen.

I hope my cream legbar goes broody eventually. She's one of my favorite hens. She won't sit in the nest box to lay an egg unless we either give her an egg to sit on or our hand to sit on. 🤦‍♀️
Picky picky! My sister and I have a super broody Maran, her name is Mizuki's Mum!(Since we believe that is Mizuki's (another mixed hen) mother!)

She has been brooding for what feels like forever, and there is no sign of her quitting.... :he

Picky picky! My sister and I have a super broody Maran, her name is Mizuki's Mum!(Since we believe that is Mizuki's (another mixed hen) mother!)

She has been brooding for what feels like forever, and there is no sign of her quitting.... :he
I had one other Maran (could be the same one) who raised a couple of ducklings for us years ago.

Back
Top Bottom