Cutest thing!

buttonquailtx

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 19, 2013
Texas
I have a Serama rooster and a Silkie hen. My hen went broody, so I decided to let her hatch out some babies.

I was somewhat worried about the rooster being in with new babies (He's kind of mean for a Serama). Turns out that my worrying was in vain. He is very paternal with the chicks. He started to attack anyone and anything that gets close to the chicks. He even lets the chicks cuddle up with him for warmth. It's quite a site to see both parents with the chicks. The chicks actually follow him around more than their mother.

Congrats on the hatch! I would love to see some pictures of the chicks and parents.
smile.png

I'll try to get some pics in the next few days. Their pen is a mess right now since it's been pouring down rain for the last few days.

I snapped a picture of Mommy, Daddy, and a baby. It's not the best quality since the light was bad. The chicks are solid black from beak to toes. The look like they have two colors in the pic due to shadows.

Notice the chick in the picture is following Daddy. Sadly, I only have two chicks :(

I have a Serama rooster and a Silkie hen. My hen went broody, so I decided to let her hatch out some babies.

I was somewhat worried about the rooster being in with new babies (He's kind of mean for a Serama). Turns out that my worrying was in vain. He is very paternal with the chicks. He started to attack anyone and anything that gets close to the chicks. He even lets the chicks cuddle up with him for warmth. It's quite a site to see both parents with the chicks. The chicks actually follow him around more than their mother.

So neat.What a great dad.

Back
Top Bottom