Cutting hardware cloth help!

I have a 3in cutoff tool (think angle grinder but the wheel is direct drive). Use that to cut pretty much anything metal from brackets to working on my truck. Was one of the best Harbor Freight investments I ever made.

I have a 3in cutoff tool (think angle grinder but the wheel is direct drive). Use that to cut pretty much anything metal from brackets to working on my truck. Was one of the best Harbor Freight investments I ever made.

Thanks they have that tool on sale this weekend. I was looking at that on my flyer last night. So only a $20.00 investment and it looks like it would come in handy for lots of projects. Not sure if the additional % off coupon will also apply.

Thanks they have that tool on sale this weekend. I was looking at that on my flyer last night. So only a $20.00 investment and it looks like it would come in handy for lots of projects. Not sure if the additional % off coupon will also apply.

I have used it to cut fiberglass, PVC,copper piping, metal fencing, etc. Also used it to shape metal that I was fabricating for a light mount on the front of my truck. You name it, it can probably cut it. Even was able to cut through hardened rebar and vehicle steel. The grinder disks are also usually either on sale or pretty cheap with the 20% coupon. Probably one of the most useful tools I picked up for very cheap.

Thanks, will stop in there in the am as it is right near Toy R US and I need to get a 2yo's birthday present. Thanks to the stormy weather construction starts tomorrow or Mon. Coupons are already in my car.

Ron, might have to invest in heavier gloves. I did buy a cut off tool at harbor freight today. $28.00 including tax and 6 metal cutting blades. Will try it tomorrow on some of the messed up rabbit wire fencing I have. Was gone most of the day so no time to try it ttoday.

Thanks all for the cutoff tool recommendation. The thing cuts hardware cloth like butter!! Had to put an old work shirt on backwards so it covered my neck as I was getting sprayed and some wrap around sunglasses. My old safety glasses are too scratched to see out of well. I also learned I need to mark the wire so I can follow a straighter line. The piece I cut is for a skirting so a bit off doesn't matter if it was cut a bit crooked. Correction: it was a package of 10 blades.

Messing with hardware cloth is my LEAST favorite part of chicken keeping by FAR! I think these are tin snips--best I've found for cutting it. If you get it in the right position, you can almost cut it like a bolt of cloth rather than one wire at a time.

Totally agree. Snips are the way yo go. I was struggling with the wire cutters until someone at home depot suggested tin snips. they worked beautifully.

Back
Top Bottom