Cypress Incubator Build

That has to be the most beautiful incubator I have ever seen. Obviously the builder has some fabulous woodworking skills as well as knowledge in setting up the incubator "guts".

I looked all through this thread and might have missed it but what type of motor did you use for the egg turner.
I was wondering if a single rack egg turner motor is strong enough to run 4 or 5 racks.

Oh and by the way, FANTASTIC JOB!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the kind words! This has been a great learning experience and a very fun project.

For anyone wondering about the motor setup
The powerhouse is a Brevel model R
" 2-1/2" & 2-3/8" centered Design Type "R" Rotation viewing shaft - CW -Clockwise 3" H x 3" W x 3" D Wt. 2 lbs. New Surplus Platforms Available

Qty 1 Brevel Gearmotor #R1: $33.89 each

It is run off a roller switch allowing it to turn one half rotation at a time. This switch is activated by another roller switch attached to a motor from a hovabator type turner

Put on the first coat of Minwax Fast Drying Satin Polyurethane!

2011-12-04_20-02-29_830.jpg

The poly has definitely made the grain on the wood POP a little more and darken/yellow the cypress just a bit
I think after 3 coats of Poly and a Topcoat of Wax this thing is going to look pretty good

I have almost completly finished the Incubator!!! I have had a VERY busy January and February so far and have had little time to do things for myself. I am currently testing it to see how well it holds heat, handles drafts, humidity, ect. If all goes smoothly I will set a batch of Mutt Eggs on Monday and see what happens.

I Tried to use the Multi Turn Thermostat from GQF however it would never turn off and temps reached over 110*. After sending several unanswered Emails and phone calls that went in circles I gave up and decided to Eat the $80 that Piece of Junk cost and try something else. I decided on the Ranco 11100 Temperature Controller and I AM LOVING IT.

Here are a few pics

2012-02-08_22-32-32_34.jpg

All systems GO!

2012-02-08_22-32-56_148.jpg

LED Lighting

2012-02-08_22-33-15_361.jpg

All lit up in the Dark

Let me know if you want any specific pictures or if you have any specific questions feel free to ask!

Thanks for Looking

Back
Top Bottom