Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Sorry I couldn't find a active thread for them so I though since they are both small breeds it would be similar. I've tried Youtube. There is barely one page of videos of them on there and they are silent in every single one. I know the females make noise but I'm just dying to know how loud it is. 

Calls were originally bred for their loud voices to aid in hunting. East Indies were not so I can't imagine that their quacks are anything close to a call. I've never had one though so I could be wrong.

It seems as if Call ducks are very hard to manage properly
hmm.png

Do you mean in terms of hatching?

I have a huge favor to ask of someone. I am considering getting a female black east indie duck. I understand they are rarer and similar to a call duck. They are both bantam ducks. Can someone please grab one of their female call ducks and put her away from the rest of the flock and video tape her quacking and going about her business. I want to know how loud they are. I will only have one as it will be a pet but I would like to know what I'm in for as far as noise. And is the noise constant or just when you upset them? I get different opinions from everyone.

I have a video of one of mine. No they are Chatty! mine 'talk' to me all the time and just the other day they were having this really LOUD banter between themselves and my buff ducks.. it was wild lol wish i could have captured it on video.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...e-noise-of-a-single-call-female#post_12286658

But as the other poster said EI are a totally different breed than a call... banty yes but that is it. hope that helps though, i keep a quad...
smile.png

Last edited:
Calls were originally bred for their loud voices to aid in hunting. East Indies were not so I can't imagine that their quacks are anything close to a call. I've never had one though so I could be wrong.

I would "assume"( i know.. i know..) that they would be comparable to a regular duck, i know my buffs are LOUD they are always quacking their bloody heads off.. the pound cake ducks however are worse, i have 3 females... poor drake sounds like garble and is not noisy at all...

Last edited:
LOL!
lol.png
Are call ducks as messy as regular ducks?
sickbyc.gif

No, they are too small. Now water wise? yes, actually probably worse but they are so small, they eat less, you can carry them, heck two at a time and don't require big housing and pens. My youngest two girls, that is a dwarf tree btw.

The other half(well all of them actually) Bonnie and Clyde the drake they are older by several months... i keep mine on the ground in a 10x10 dog run the coop is separate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom