Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Hey guys I'm getting some call ducks , YAY! I have mallards but I feel that call ducks are more affectionate and not so skittish. So I'm getting only one pair for now , a white male and a butterscotch female . IM so excited .

Not trying to put a downer on things but my mallard is way more affectionate than my call ducks - also more aggressive and schizophrenic to be fair!
My call/mallard crosses however are friendlier than anything (including my cat!) so there's something to look forward to!

For the record tho, my call drake is a little star who doesn't believe in forcing himself on anyone (unless you count my Campbell who he jumps several times a day! )

Holy moly - I just googled "two week old pekin duckling" and I'm blown away at how different and huge they are compared to my Call! Wobbles looks about the same size as a pekin looks at just a few days! I hope this means I have one heck of a tiny Call on my hands!
clap.gif

I have a white call drake named Chuck. I'm DESPERATELY looking for a call hen for sale. I'm in Southwest Pa and all I've been able to find in my area are black swedish and pekin drakes. So that won't work.

There he is :)

I have a white call drake named Chuck. I'm DESPERATELY looking for a call hen for sale. I'm in Southwest Pa and all I've been able to find in my area are black swedish and pekin drakes. So that won't work.

Great place to get one from is Matts waterfowl , beautiful birds at some of the lowest prices for call ducks that I've seen . :) .

Great place to get one from is Matts waterfowl , beautiful birds at some of the lowest prices for call ducks that I've seen . :) .

Thanks! Googling that now!

Found a hen at a swap today!!!

Just got her home and gave her a little water while I get her quarentine area ready... she quickly made a mess of the box of course.

I have a cute story. I had a call duck nest under one of the shrubs near my house. She had 6 little ones and they all ended up disappearing. So she built a new nest right away. I had a single egg hatch in the incubator on Sunday and gave the duckling to her. My plan was to put her in a pen with that one little one so I could hatch out her nest of eggs and sell the ducklings. I am overrun with call ducks right now. She got off the nest with this new one and lost it within 20 minutes. I didn't even have time to get her pen set up. I seriously think the crows are taking them. Anyway, she went back to her nest and found no eggs so freaked out. Then she discovered my pen of 2 week old ducklings and wanted in. I put her in with them and she is so happy! They don't really want anything to do with her. But she is content just being around them.

Back
Top Bottom