Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
I have a question for the call duck experts. Can you help me to determine what colors my babies will be, I purchased them from a lady who saved me various colors to hatch but didnt seperate out which was which so I'm a bit at a loss. Also is there a way to sex a call duck baby besides the obvious vent sexing, I havent done that before and worry about hurting them if I do it. Thank you in advance for all your help.
Michelle

WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!!!! Who'd a thunk this would be your VERY FIRST try at incubating eggs!!!! You obviously did an incredible job!
clap.gif
The babies are just darling...let me see if I can guess a few colors on them... definitely looks as though you have some blue and black bibbed or ancona colored babies...possibly a couple lavenders, maybe one that will be a grey mix too...If I had to guess, I'd say she probably has all of her colors running together and the babies will grow out to be a mix of several different colors...unless you know otherwise? In any case, they're adorable!

WAY TO GO MICHELLE!!!!! Who'd a thunk this would be your VERY FIRST try at incubating eggs!!!! You obviously did an incredible job! :clap The babies are just darling...let me see if I can guess a few colors on them... definitely looks as though you have some blue and black bibbed or ancona colored babies...possibly a couple lavenders, maybe one that will be a grey mix too...If I had to guess, I'd say she probably has all of her colors running together and the babies will grow out to be a mix of several different colors...unless you know otherwise? In any case, they're adorable!

Thank you I was a nervous wreck, sat in front of the incubator til they all hatched. My humidity was off a bit and I had to assist a bit (which was nerve wracking) then my husband scared one that hadn't totally gotten the shell off and it jumped removing the shell but it blef, thankfully I had stuff on hand to stop bleeding already for my dogs. The best part was my 17 year old daughter getting to see a few of them hatch. Very neat and now she is attached at the hip with the babies, not sure how she will handle it when I sell part of them.

My ducklings are growing up. I love this batch of babies, there's 2 blue ancona patterned, and one white, the one in front I'm not sure of the color on, blue snowy or harlequin? My gray pied just started laying too, so I can't wait to hatch some babies from her.
big_smile.png

My ducklings are growing up. I love this batch of babies, there's 2 blue ancona patterned, and one white, the one in front I'm not sure of the color on, blue snowy or harlequin? My gray pied just started laying too, so I can't wait to hatch some babies from her.
big_smile.png

They're cutie patooties! That one in front looks like it could be a snowy but it's hard to tell huh? All of my little babies are either buff or lavender bibbed..well, I say little..they're growing like weeds! I just set another nine eggs from my little Buff Calls yesterday! I just wish my other colors would hurry up and start laying already!!!

I'd like to start breeding call ducks but I don't know where to start lol. How much different are they compared to chickens? How loud are they compared to guineas? Can I feed them the same food as my chickens? I can't incubate duck and chicken eggs together can I?

Back
Top Bottom