Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
Here are some photos from our first trip to the ocean, in Long Beach, CA. I'd taken Bunny there before in her stroller, but this time I was brave enough to let her out.

She didn't seem to like standing in sand. She kept jumping onto me instead.

Flapping those wings! Too bad she's too chubby to fly.

Anyone else hatching female heavy this year? Every one I've got that is old enough to quack sex is a female and the babies i vent sexed at hatch were 3females,2 males in one batch and 4 female and 1 male in another. The 8 my mutt hen hatched i never bothered sexing so i guess maybe all my boys are in there!

On a good note I've got one grey girl that has a tiny tiny bill and the most perfect round head. Hoping her body turns out as nice as her head. She's still feathering in so we will see.

Last edited:
Anyone else hatching female heavy this year? Every one I've got that is old enough to quack sex is a female and the babies i vent sexed at hatch were 3females,2 males in one batch and 4 female and 1 male in another. The 8 my mutt hen hatched i never bothered sexing so i guess maybe all my boys are in there!

On a good note I've got one grey girl that has a tiny tiny bill and the most perfect round head. Hoping her body turns out as nice as her head. She's still feathering in so we will see.

While i don't hatch calls here, i would love that problem lol
tongue.png

While i don't hatch calls here, i would love that problem lol :p

I don't know if I'm considering it a problem, it does make it hard to pair everybody up in the fall when I sell the juvenile pairs.

looks like I will have some trios for sale!

Last edited:
Here are some photos from our first trip to the ocean, in Long Beach, CA. I'd taken Bunny there before in her stroller, but this time I was brave enough to let her out.

She didn't seem to like standing in sand. She kept jumping onto me instead.

Flapping those wings! Too bad she's too chubby to fly.

thats soo awesome....but be careful getting a second duck.... once they realize they are not people you will be mostly forgotten.... my call chloe was the same...in the house...big pet... loved her to death and i got her a male because she was so broody and that was it, he was all important and she practically forgot me except when she needed a diaper change or food!

i got 7 females and one male.... made me super happy but its wierd!

My pekins have been 50/50 every hatch. My calls looks like 5-6 drakes and the rest are hens! Out of 20 hatched so far!

Back
Top Bottom