Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

I'm gonna say black call too. Indies do not have any white anywhere. This is the result of indie/call cross but has been bred back to call a few times to perfect the call features.

Agreed. Any thoughts about why someone would do that if they were going for the Call phenotype? All I can think of is that they were having trouble introducing black, but there are easier (though more time-consuming) ways to do that, or that they were trying to increase the iridescent green.

I'm gonna say black call too. Indies do not have any white anywhere. This is the result of indie/call cross but has been bred back to call a few times to perfect the call features.

Agreed. Any thoughts about why someone would do that if they were going for the Call phenotype? All I can think of is that they were having trouble introducing black, but there are easier (though more time-consuming) ways to do that, or that they were trying to increase the iridescent green.

It may have been deliberate, or it may have been done by someone who had no clue that indies are not calls. I find the Amish communities areound here especially have no clue that they are 2 different breeds & cross them frequently.

I think I might have got my first self-chocolate
What do you guys think?

I don't know genes or colors when it comes to these little ducks, but I do know CUTE.

My first EI baby finally just hatched. I'll try to post pics later. I'm really hoping some of the others that have pipped will hatch by then. This is day 28 and the hubby and I were both getting very jittery about them.

Back
Top Bottom