Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

it all depends on the duck of course. Honestly I haven't clipped mine since last year. The fly around the house but don't take off. They enjoy running to the top of this hill by the house and then flying to the bottom and crash landing into a pile of other ducks.

LOL! Duck bowling!
gig.gif

Bean's been starting to fly, too! Her attempts at the park may have ended in utter failure but she goes hopping around the house flapping like crazy. Then this morning, right outta nowhere, she flapped and went straight up a few feet, then came right back down and landed on her feet! I can't wait until her adult feathers grow in. I'm curious to see how her pattern will change and how well she'll be able to fly then.

LOL! Duck bowling! :gig

Bean's been starting to fly, too! Her attempts at the park may have ended in utter failure but she goes hopping around the house flapping like crazy. Then this morning, right outta nowhere, she flapped and went straight up a few feet, then came right back down and landed on her feet! I can't wait until her adult feathers grow in. I'm curious to see how her pattern will change and how well she'll be able to fly then.
if she eventually does fly well, what will u do regarding taking her outside on park outings?

By then we'll have ordered her a walking harness. I don't wanna take any chances.
Oh, heavens no. Not in a million years. Gotta keep the baby safe and close. It is amazing how even though she is a pet and a cute little bitty duck and a character, she is still a bird thru and thru.

I also have 3 call ducklings and 2 mallard x call ducklings and I was wondering if you could tell their quality from these pictures. They are 2 weeks old today.

My blue fawn

My black bibbed

My chocolate magpie

So what do you think?

so it doesn't get burried

Honestly on calls it's hard to tell quality while they're growing. They grow so fast and in an odd way that until they're feathered they could be anything.

Back
Top Bottom