Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Ok, I do not know how common this is or how it will go, but lets give it a try. Ok, I would like to offer 6 high end SQ call duck eggs for auction. How the auction will work is that I will set a starting price and then you guys will bid. pretty simple. The auction ends Sunday night at 8pm. Whoever has the highest bid at that pony wins! But it benefits you in that Im going to start the bidding at a low price, so you have the chance of getting some VERY high quality ducks for pretty cheap. The parents of these eggs are directly from Art Lundgrend himself. For those who dont know, Art Lundgrend is one of the best if not the best call duck breeder and shower in the U.S. Three ducks in my current group are from Freddie Gregory in kentucky, he has very high quality ducks, (Not as high as Art's) but his are rare colors, such as chocolate and silver. From these eggs you could get chocolate, white, silver, chocolate pied, pastel, or grey. Fertility has been great, with 98% on average. I will start the bidding at $25, and shipping is $25. So, lets see how this goes
hide.gif

Did you ever solve the problem with the babies dying for unexplained reasons...?

Hey guys great news I went to tractor supply for the call duck food but I also came home with these

I got the 2 smallest pullets ( the woman who got them out of the bin said they were bantams :fl ) I am going to use them to hatch out all the little call duck babies ,when they grow up , hopefully it works :)

Last edited:
Did you ever solve the problem with the babies dying for unexplained reasons...?

Do you mean the ones that you hatched out or mine? The reasons mine kept dying was I think from a mix of inbreeding, and my incubator ended up being WAYYY off on temp. All three of the thermometers in the bator were reading differently. Did a whole new revamp of the bator and now it runs like a charm! Also, got a whole bunch of new ducks this past spring from art so that should add a bunch of new genetics. And due to a predator most of the older inbreed ones died....

Do you mean the ones that you hatched out or mine? The reasons mine kept dying was I think from a mix of inbreeding, and my incubator ended up being WAYYY off on temp. All three of the thermometers in the bator were reading differently. Did a whole new revamp of the bator and now it runs like a charm! Also, got a whole bunch of new ducks this past spring from art so that should add a bunch of new genetics. And due to a predator most of the older inbreed ones died....

Glad you got your incubator problems sorted. :D

-Kathy

There is a snowy call duck swimming around with two Teals in the lake by my house. Should I try to catch it or contact either animal control or the DNR or just leave it?

Back
Top Bottom