Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

You can make that your signature, instuctions here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1135856/new-member-q-a

Thank you Duck Ladie. Had been trying to do that, but had a message that said we couldn't edit it. LOL didn't even have it yet. Finally found it, after scrolling to the bottom of the page, Please PM us about purchasing ducks, as many factors go into cost. Let us know exactly what you are looking for: Pet, breeder, show. Male, female, shipping vs pick up and etc.

Thanks again

or eggs or 'lings?

Thank you for the warm welcome. We don't usually sell hatching eggs or hatchlings for several reasons. One is that good quality call ducks are a challenge to hatch under ideal circumstances. When one adds in rough handling via shipping, x-rays, temperature shifts, air pressure and etc, we are often amazed that hatching eggs ever hatch anymore. Plus, we strive with each generation to improve the breed. Those hatchlings could be the best babies we have that year, but we wouldn't know it, if we sold them and shipped them. Can't look at day-olds and determine your next show string, it isn't that easy.
smile.png
But, I was told to keep an open mind, once all our broodies and incubators are full, we may have extra eggs. We will see what spring blesses us with.

Thank you for your interest in our beloved birds. Hope you and your birds are enjoying this wonderful fall weather

Thank you Duck Ladie. Had been trying to do that, but had a message that said we couldn't edit it. LOL didn't even have it yet. Finally found it, after scrolling to the bottom of the page, Please PM us about purchasing ducks, as many factors go into cost. Let us know exactly what you are looking for: Pet, breeder, show. Male, female, shipping vs pick up and etc.

Thanks again
I might not be able to buy one for awhile, but hopefully eventally! (Though I'm tempted to get one now....
big_smile.png
)

My inside raised babies have just entered that awkward phase. This one even has a few feathers, they are yellow just like the baby fluff, I expect she'll be white eventually but right now it looks like I'm getting a yellow duck

PinOak Ridge, do you also raise hair sheep? I tried finding you on Facebook, hoping to see what you have available for sale, but wasn't 100% sure it was your page.

Yes, we do raise Katahdin hair sheep.
wink.png
That is us. We don't often post pics of our birds on the net, as people have a bad habit of stealing pics and trying to sell our birds as theirs. PM us and we can send you some private pics.

There will always be dishonest people in the world... flip side of that is if you post pics then your pics and stock become known and others that recognize when they're stolen will speak up...

I have a friend whose duck pic was used that way and she still posts pics... another had a Silkie pic used by a seller on ebay... people recognized it and alerted the true owner and it was dealt with properly... the more that are outed for using others pics, the more that become dissuaded from using them... just a thought... :)

Back
Top Bottom