Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

img_4268-jpg.1084947

love shower.gif
I love the speckly beak on the one up front, here. :love

They are doing great! All cuddling together and being cute.
He is! A little slower than everyone else but he was a little late so it's ok.

Glad to hear it! Now, where are the pictures? :D

lol! Yep, I can see them doing that! :lau
If your scale has the Tare function, you can use a box or tote, set it on the scale first and hit Tare... it will zero out the scale to include the weight of the box/tote... then set them one at a time in it and get their weights... it's always good to get a baseline weight for these guys since thier roundness can hide weight loss in case of injury/illness/parasites... :)

Oh, that's a good idea! Thanks! :D Looks like I'm going to have two duckies upset with me a little later today. :lol:

20170622_012007-jpg.1085542

This is my only one that looks correct for Appleyard color... duckling down color and pattern indicated it as well...

Oh my goodness, that's a gorgeous bird!! :drool :love

So, I thought I'd try to get a better picture of Trudi's cute li'l neck stretch thing, but she and Malcolm wouldn't cooperate. :rolleyes: So instead I got this nice shot of Malcolm scolding me for interrupting their date behind the coop again. :lol:

Malcolm disapproves.jpg

Also, apparently the ducks have hired a mosquito removal service for their pool. :lol: Hope that's okay to post here--I just thought he was a cool looking little guy. :)

mosquito removal.jpg

View attachment 1085989 I love the speckly beak on the one up front, here. :love

Glad to hear it! Now, where are the pictures? :D

Oh, that's a good idea! Thanks! :D Looks like I'm going to have two duckies upset with me a little later today. :lol:

Oh my goodness, that's a gorgeous bird!! :drool :love

Welcome, good luck! :D

And thanks! Apple has been a pleasant surprise! :)

So, I thought I'd try to get a better picture of Trudi's cute li'l neck stretch thing, but she and Malcolm wouldn't cooperate. :rolleyes: So instead I got this nice shot of Malcolm scolding me for interrupting their date behind the coop again. :lol:

View attachment 1086085

Also, apparently the ducks have hired a mosquito removal service for their pool. :lol: Hope that's okay to post here--I just thought he was a cool looking little guy. :)

View attachment 1086086

:love :lau

Indignant little things, aren't they?? Love the frog, really pretty...

Welcome, good luck! :D

And thanks! Apple has been a pleasant surprise! :)

:love :lau

Indignant little things, aren't they?? Love the frog, really pretty...

Oh, yes, they are such sassy li'l birdies, but we wouldn't have them any other way, would we? :love Apple, that's a fitting name. :D I've had my eyes on Miniature Appleyards for a long time, which are a little bigger than Calls (~2 pounds if I remember correctly), but SO pretty! I probably would have gotten into them if they were easier to find, but then I wouldn't have gotten my little Calls, and what kind of sad life would that be? :p

Okay, so I tried the box thing yesterday, and it worked really well... for Malcolm. :lol: I put him in the box and he stood there like a little gentleman while I got his weight. Then I switched to Trudi, glanced at the scale, got ready to jot it down, went to double check, and she was already flying out! Good thing I took a glance beforehand!

I'm so surprised about how wrong I was with their weights! They're little chunks! Trudi weighs in at about 19 oz (538 grams) and chunky boy Malcolm is a whopping 23.5 oz (668 grams)!

Back
Top Bottom