dad really ill.. could use a prayer... update

wildorchid053

Songster
10 Years
May 12, 2009
syracuse area, ny
my parents retired to arkansas 25 yrs ago and now they are in their late 70's no family around we are all calif, ind and ny..they took dad to the hospital yesterday afternoon.. he had fallen and could not get up.. to weak.. turns out he has congestive heart failure.. i don't imagine he will last very long and i am ok with that. he has had lung disease for several years and has worn his oxygen tank for a couple of yrs now.. it is mom i am worried about. she is 77 and down there all alone . we are able to fly down but she doesn't want to leave the area after he passes. i need prayers to help her decide she would be better off here.. yes she hates the snow she used to live here.. but she has 2 of her kids here and several great grand kids.. but she has her church and friends there.. what to do?????? is she better off there or here? i know she can't keep up with all the things involved in keeping a house and yard.. ugh i am sooooo torn...please help me find peace with whatever she chooses.. thank you all my byc friends..

Last edited:
hugs.gif
Prayers being sent to you and your family. Maybe you and your siblings could have a sit down with your mom and discuss the options...pro's and con's. Since all of you have lived away for awhile now I would assume the bond she has with the friends and church in the area is pretty strong. She may not want to leave that. Good luck with whatever is decided!
hugs.gif

Don't give up on your dad yet!! Congestive heart failure is treatable now, and its amazing what they can do! My thoughts and prayers are with you, as I know how hard it must be to be far away!! Hope he gets better!!! Love your mama, and kiss your daddy!! They are so precious!!

Hoping for a good outcome for your dad. While it's certainly worth sitting down with your mom and discussing the options, I can certainly understand her wanting to stay near her church and friends.

My parents are also in their late 70s, and live 3,000 miles away, so I can totally relate. Fortunately, they recently moved closer to my oldest brother, so I'm a little happier.

hugs.gif
for you and
fl.gif
for your dad.

First of all prayers for your dad to come home! Now, the issue with your mom, and I know you have probably thought of this, but quality of life for her could be drastically changed by a big move. She has all of her friends where she is now. It would be devastating for you to leave everything you know, and may cause more stress on her than if she just stayed put. If I were her, I would want to stay home. If she chooses to move that is great, but you haven't lost your dad, and God forbid if you do, mom needs time to get back to somewhat normal before any more stressors are thrown in. Just a point to consider, I am so sorry you are even having to think about these things! God Bless!
hugs.gif

just an update.. his body is failing and they are putting him on dialysis sp.. so i don't think it will be much longer.. sister is going there this weekend and brother in calif is flying out as soon as mom gives him the go signal..they are his true children. he is step dad to the rest of us.. it is still hard he has been my dad for 44 yrs..i hope they make him comfortable and i am glad he finally started to believe in god.. he never did till about 10 yrs ago.. i hope he is at peace with his life..thank you for the prayers and the support.. i love this site with all the friendly people and all the help and support you give.. god bless you all.. linda

Back
Top Bottom