Dad wants pheasants

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by Farmgirl1234, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Farmgirl1234

Farmgirl1234 New Egg

Mar 20, 2013
    I don't think we should keep pheasants because they can just fly away. any reasons we should get pheasants?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    There are over 40 species of pheasants and most are full of colors,very beautiful birds.They do need to be kept in a covered pen.Her's a few pic of mine.
    In N.H.,Tony.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. deserthotwings

deserthotwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2011
    Queen Creek AZ
    They need to be kept in an enclosed pen so they cannot "fly away" All species of pheasants are beautiful and fun to raise. It's always best to do your homework first and read up on them as much as you can. Stick with the basic breeds first. They are much cheaper and easier to raise if your just starting out. Theres a lot of cross breeding between species of pheasants, so if and when you purchase your birds, make sure you do so from a reliable breeder. I don't think your be disappointed with them.

4. Bantamraiser2

Bantamraiser2 New Egg

Mar 24, 2013
    I have a beautiful pair of red gold pheasants for sale. Almost old enough to lay. They are very hardy birds and I think you would enjoy watching them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by