Daggone POST OFFICES!

NYRIR

Crowing
13 Years
May 13, 2010
Petersburg,NY
I am frantic!! My friend and I ordered some chicks from MPC.We split the shipping,and since she doesn't have a "punch in and out" job,she ordered,so I can't even call because I have no order number! They were due to arrive YESTERDAY! I am so aggravated thinking about those poor chicks...this is day four!To make matters worse,her PO is delivering them to her DOOR....Around NOONISH!!!! If they even come at all!!!!Her daughter will be home with her gram to take care of the chicks because she had something she HAD to do today(really had to)....which would have been FINE if the PO didn't mess it up!!!
he.gif
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
I hope they make it.....has anybody had chicks delivered (alive) so late???

You might call the post office anyway. Even without a number, someone in the receiving dept. might remember a peeping box and be able to tell you if it's come through
hugs.gif

AAARGH! I can't because she lives in another town and it has no post office so I have no idea where she goes...I can't call her because she is out of town without cell service!! Believe me...if I could, I would!! Thanks for the suggestion though...next time...they're coming to my PO...they called me right away when my ducklings came,and had even checked on them before I got there...

You have to love it when you have a good PO! My guys literally called me in the middle of the night -- I'd asked them to call "as soon as you hear the peeps". He said, even 2AM? I said, You bet!

Call 1-800-ASK-USPS and give them your friend's address. Ask them for the number to her local delivery office. Even if her town doesn't have it's own P.O., her address is affiliated with a delivery office and that's on file. If the agent at the 800 # hesitates to give you the number, tell him/her you're checking on a live chicken delivery.

ohhhhh i hope they're ok! Good luck! Call the hatchery AND the post office! Got mine today and I couldn't imagine anything like that happened to them. I really hope it works out!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Sorry about your having to go through this. I had something very similar happen to me last year; the post office lost mine for three days. It drives you nuts not knowing whether to worry about the chicks are spend your energy wanting to curse out everyone who sets policies for the U.S. Postal "Service". GOOD LUCK!

I had a box of chicks arrive 4 days after hatching all but one out of 25 chicks lived, they were also from MPC.
Call MPC they are very nice about it and might have a tracking number, do you have the order number?

Aw I'm sorry! I dont know what I would do w/out my postal guys! I let them know a day ahead and they let me know as soon as the chicks arrive, and even check them before I get there, so they can soften the blow for me when I see a dead one...

I am sure that you are worried sick about your chicks. If they are due to be delivered at noon today then they are probably out for delivery now. As someone else suggested, if you call the delivery post office they can most likely let you know if they have left there yet ... if not, they may be willing to hold them if you can rush someone over there for pick up. My post office prefers to have me pick up to reduce the carrier's responsibility and that's fine with me because I get them into MY hands sooner!

As far as MPC goes, they are nothing short of FANTASTIC to work with. We had one in our last shipment that didn't make it and there were NO hassles with their guarantee. They even sent a nice condolence note. I have had my best luck contacting them through email as their customer service lines often have a long wait ... their chicken orders are booming!
thumbsup.gif
Please do keep in mind that once the babies leave their facility they are as "in the lurch" as you are about delivery times.

I am hoping that your babies arrive quickly and that the box is loudly peeping with chicks demanding a meal!

Sending a cyberhug your way ...

Back
Top Bottom