Dairy Parlor to Chicken Coop Conversion

Made a little more progress last night. bought a used parts shelf and will be moving/removing the dividers to get us to the right width.

yes, currently they are 8 inches wide so I was going to remove 2 divides and put 1 back in the middle.

8" wide....so about 8" tall too?
They look like a great nest bank....but.....
Nests are best sized at least 12" x 12" x 12"...I like to go 14" x 14" x 14-16" tall.
I'd rethink your plans before going further.

.....and best to have them lower than the roosts as I mentioned in your other thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1103429/2-layer-nesting-boxes#post_16991445

Not sure ducks will lay up higher.

Well the ceiling isn't in and the nesting boxes are not finished but I went ahead and released the heard to the room last night.

I didn't see any where u said about measurements I need a new coop because sic de I built my coop I didn't have as many chickens so now I am thinking of like an 8x10 but idk how big to go so now me and my dad might have to build another coop thanks looks nice are u going to be using straw or something on the floor

I will try and get measurements sometime this week. Mine is bigger than the experts will tell you I need but I didn't want to do it twice.

Back
Top Bottom