Daisy has her wings chewed

StephMagee

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 9, 2014
Bradford,Pa
It's hard to see in the picture, but Daisy has been chewing on the edges and ends of her wings and has them what looks like sawed off. I don't know how to explain it really. Just wandering if this is normal or what's going on.

How old is Daisy? Is she possibly going through a moult or getting in her first flight feathers?

Mites or feather lice would be my next guess, so take a really close look at her all over like Amiga says. :)

She's a little over a year. I do have a male duck, Pecker but haven't seen him biting or chewing on her wings and where they're at in the yard there isn't any predators or anything that come around. I never thought of mites or anything like that. But that does make sense because I haven't seen her chewing more on her feathers or anything. I'll have to check her skin more closely if she'll let me.

I just have to say, I love your drake's name! lol! :D

But yes, it's important to get a good look at her feathers, down to her skin, so you can see if she does have mites or lice. Those will need to be treated. It's pretty easy to do and will save her alot of misery if that is the problem. ;)

Back
Top Bottom